• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wanted: streamer with optical + analog in / optical out (as simple as possible)

Geertidow

Hi fellow audiophiles,

Since a forum in my native language keeps advising different cables et cetera, I figure this may be the ideal place to ask this question.
I've been enjoying my NAD C658 for a few years now. However, since I moved with a house with a bigger room and like measuring and tweaking myself (hypex plate amp, UMIK-1, REW) I'm strongly switching to a more simple setup. The NAD C658 does not have an optical out to feed into the hypex.

Current setup:
Phono -- RCA --- >NAD C658 (Bluos, xbox optical) --xlr---> hypex (L/R) FA123 plate amp. This setup uses DAC (NAD C658), ADC (hypex), DAC (hypex).
I would like to move to a setup were I can deliver digital input to the hypex (a digital streamer).

But, with the following requirements:
1. Volume controle
2. Optical in (xbox input)
3. Optical in OR line input (with phono preamp with digital out or line out)
4. AES out OR coaxial out (preferably AES)

Can anyone recommend anything that may suit these needs?
Price range: preferably cheap, at most 1000 USD (but again.... preferrably cheap).

Thanks for your input.

Geert

jstownse

The Yahama WXC-50 would seemingly fit. It has been reviewed and discussed here if it looks like it might fit and you'd like to read more discussion.

OP
G

Geertidow

Good suggestion. I'm reading a lot on software problems though.

Top Bottom