• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2018 - Tickets bought. Anyone else going?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Hmmm, I will be out of town but hate missing the opportunity to meet Kal in person. Might be back, be tight...

Wombat

Master Contributor
I am going to RMAF for the first (and last?) time this year.

Multichannel Music: The Promise and the Problems @ Marriott Aspen Amphitheater, Lobby Level Oct 7 @ 9:30 am – 10:30 am
Moderator: Andrew Quint, The Absolute Sound
Speakers: Kalman Rubinson, Stereophile; Brian Moura, NativeDSD & Channel Classics technical advisor

Will it be recorded for showing on YouTube or similar?:cool:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Will it be recorded for showing on YouTube or similar?:cool:
RMAF usually posts them online but recently I went looking and had a hard time finding one of the sessions I had been in.

lotse888

My related idea is at some point having a get together in a few cities and have discussions and measurements. There is a need for something in between AES conference and typical audiophile show....

I second this idea. I don't have any trainning/background in EE and the AES meeting will be way over my head. Something a bit more technical than a regular audiophile show would be ideal.

Regards,

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I second this idea. I don't have any trainning/background in EE and the AES meeting will be way over my head. Something a bit more technical than a regular audiophile show would be ideal.

Burning Amp in San Francisco.

FunctionalDoc

Hope you can. I look forward to meeting you.

I have no idea.

I will be coming to your presentation and I look forward to meeting you and I hope can understand the conversation since not being a EE or any training in engineering.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I will be coming to your presentation and I look forward to meeting you and I hope can understand the conversation since not being a EE or any training in engineering.
There should be no problem with that. This will be a presentation for the general (audio) public with lots of time for Q&A.

OP
Sythrix

Sythrix

Show starts up tomorrow! I think I'm going to take my camera and get some shots.

If anyone wants me to check something out for them, let me know. Last year I just kind of wandered aimlessly.

OP
Sythrix

Sythrix

Great. Keep us posted if you see anything good.

Pester companies to send me gear to measure or else you won't buy it. :)

We could start a shame thread and post up their picture if they don't "contribute". Get an Audio Science Review shakedown going every RMAF. ;)

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
On my way.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Can't, helping (start to) clean up my mother-in-law's house after she passed away earlier this year (and still dealing with my dad's estate more than a year later...) :(

OP
Sythrix

Sythrix

@amirm

You see the schedule for 3:45pm today at RMAF?

Why Audio Measurements Matter (And Why They Sometimes Don’t)

Speaker: Jude Mansilla, Head-Fi.org

:rolleyes:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Ever since he censored me for posting measurements he was unhappy with (showing that a headphone gizmo from one of his advertisers was completely useless), I've put him in the category of "deliberately dishonest" rather than "self-deluded." And obviously, I never participated there again.

OP
Sythrix

Sythrix

There is a specific point in many people where reason and knowledge fly out the window and pride becomes the only thing they care about.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Top Bottom