• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Linus tested a huge amount of HDMI cables

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Linus Tech Tips bought a proper cable tester and tested 53 cables. 10% of those didn't meet specs.

Screenshot from the video you might like:
1636560055783.png

dfuller

Major Contributor
I'd love to see him do a crossover with ASR for audiophile stuff.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think that HDMI cable speeds and versions are now very annoying. I recently upgraded my TV and wanted to use e-ARC with my AVR. Samsung TV, so the e-ARC HDMI port is not HDMI 2.1, but the AVR HDMI out is. I could only get the e-ARC working reliably by getting a HDMI 2.1/ultra high speed cable. Just "high speed with ethernet" would not work, either at all or dropouts with a short cable. The cable I ended up with was a German global brand, with local distribution, called Lindy, and their cheapest "Anthra line" cable. Very good value, ULTRA certified, and it fixed my problem.

GalZohar

I think that HDMI cable speeds and versions are now very annoying. I recently upgraded my TV and wanted to use e-ARC with my AVR. Samsung TV, so the e-ARC HDMI port is not HDMI 2.1, but the AVR HDMI out is. I could only get the e-ARC working reliably by getting a HDMI 2.1/ultra high speed cable. Just "high speed with ethernet" would not work, either at all or dropouts with a short cable. The cable I ended up with was a German global brand, with local distribution, called Lindy, and their cheapest "Anthra line" cable. Very good value, ULTRA certified, and it fixed my problem.

You need the premium high speed, not high speed. And, of course, even if it says premium high speed, doesn't always mean that it really is. Officially certified cables at max 3m length tend to work.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And none will make any difference to image/sound quality if they work at all at the speed required.

Top Bottom