• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Elon Musk proposed Tesla to go private

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
mi-fu

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Elon Musk's act is highly questionable. Many people are shorting Tesla on the market recently. God knows how much money he (or his backers) would potentially be benefitted from the tweets....

Wombat

Master Contributor

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like Tesla, and my family has sunk a large chunk of money (for us, at least) in a Model 3 that I hope my wife can take home in a couple week.

That out of the way, this tweet was just plain stupid. I'm no expert in securities law, but my gut sense is that if something goes south he could be in a boatload of trouble with the SEC. When financial engineering becomes the story, that usually is not good news for the company either.

I wish we didn't have to read about tweets at all.

Last edited:
OP
mi-fu

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
In many ways, Tesla is a very unconventional company with some great visions. But at the same time, its unconventional style is really quite... problematic.

As someone who believes in innovation and investing the future, I really hope that this company won't end up becoming another Theranos.

Wombat

Master Contributor
People Tweet and try to avoid responsibility by claiming 'it is just my opinion'. I think this has to be judged with regard to cause and effect, similar to falsely yelling fire and causing panic.:(

Cosmik

Major Contributor
... really quite... problematic.
I hate this word. I find it both problemicious and problemical at the same time.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There is no reason a smart guy like him should be staying up at night at a factory to build cars. He should hire an exec from existing car companies (not someone like Sheryl from Facebook) and then focus on new ideas.

He also definitely needs to to his board:

1534539163475.png

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Musk is the pits , he can crash and burn in a helicopter anytime he likes lol

I wish he took his twitter account private, so I don’t have to hear about all the dumb shit he says/writes as unfortunately that’s what constitutes news nowadays.

I blame the parents , who calls their kid Elon anyway.., that’s child abuse ..

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Musk is the pits , he can crash and burn in a helicopter anytime he likes lol

I wish he took his twitter account private, so I don’t have to hear about all the dumb shit he says/writes as unfortunately that’s what constitutes news nowadays.

I blame the parents , who calls their kid Elon anyway.., that’s child abuse ..

I think you sell the man short. Well now maybe a bad term in this context of short selling. But he can launch and crash in a rocket, not a helicopter. Not many people can say that. He also could literally go out of this world. And just for Cosmik, I'd have to say I find this problelitical.

Having driven his cars though, he makes nice cars. Hope they don't run off a cliff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_(name)

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
I hate this word. I find it both problemicious and problemical at the same time.

This goes way above my head. We don’t have this vocabulary in Norwegian. Care for explaining the problem?

;)

DKT88

This goes way above my head. We don’t have this vocabulary in Norwegian. Care for explaining the problem?

;)
Technical writing should be simple and clear. You should follow the KISS* (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle in writing. Don't say it is "problematic" (adjective) when you can say it is a "problem" (noun) . It is more direct to use the noun form. I think that is the issue. (*to be clear, I'm not saying you are stupid, this is an acronym that is common in the military and engineering)

Last edited:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom