• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

DSJR

Major Contributor

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmmmm... I think the business who sent out this ad may be popular here on ASR... :oops:
Nonetheless, would you be so inclined to believe this claim ?
View attachment 159300
And this is why there are $28,000 power cords. This one seems almost reasonable by comparison, and it's within reach of a much larger audience of the excessively credulous.

Nevermind that it serves no additional purpose beyond what the $7.49 (at retail) stock cable provided.

In some ways, a $750 power cord is even less defensible and more cynical than a $28,000 power cord.

Rick "the extremes can move the center" Denney

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not disapproving the need for good looking well built products. I have that myself (even though I'm a die hard PC user).

I have merely observed that any mentionings of wristwatches on ASR is a sure-fire shortcut to a mile long off topic discussion ;)
What topic would it be off from?

Rick "can't really figure the topic of this thread based on the posts within it" Denney

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Dare I tell you how much the DEALER makes on something like that? (hint, it's over 50%)
Yes, I please dare you. It would be enlightening and probably sobering.

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dare I tell you how much the DEALER makes on something like that? (hint, it's over 50%)

I would say at least 90%...

And these switches arent even made by them. Mostly oem from china and just slap on their brand label

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Yes. Just try to attract a lady with a Timex.

Rick "who does not own a Rolex" Denney
The first time I met my partner,I was wearing a Timex, And one with an LCD display, at that.

We’ve been together 30 years. The few Rolex wearers I know are divorced. Mind you, their watches will have lasted a lot longer than the Timex did.

JRS

Major Contributor
The first time I met my partner,I was wearing a Timex, And one with an LCD display, at that.

We’ve been together 30 years. The few Rolex wearers I know are divorced. Mind you, their watches will have lasted a lot longer than the Timex did.
From experience, much it's cheaper to replace a watch than a wife. I could be wearing a few of these and have money left over for a Jag.
1634960115652.png

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, a rose gold Big Bang wouldn't be my first choice.

But the word I used was "attract", not "retain".

Rick "not the same thing" Denney

JRS

Major Contributor
Well, a rose gold Big Bang wouldn't be my first choice.

But the word I used was "attract", not "retain".

Rick "not the same thing" Denney
Nor mine--I've never been into bling, however pricey--well once I had some braided blue-black Kimber cable--and my watch is a 100.00 solar powered Citizens with leather strap. I picked that watch as it is almost as absurd as what started the thread. As for that marriage, I got a beautiful daughter in the deal, and that was worth every penny and 10x more.
John erstwhile owner of Kimber Cable S,

DSJR

Major Contributor
I would say at least 90%...

And these switches arent even made by them. Mostly oem from china and just slap on their brand label
I said DEALER margin ;) Obviously the people marketing it need to make their slice of the pie as well.

Fenix84

Pffft. You really need a Breitling.

Most Breitling owners also own aircraft. A much higher Darwin level than Rolexers.

Lol, Breitling sells a couple hundred thousand watches a year, I really doubt most own a plane. Their demographic is no different than any other luxury watch brand. This is on a similar line that people who own dive watches are actually divers.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Lol, Breitling sells a couple hundred thousand watches a year, I really doubt most own a plane. Their demographic is no different than any other luxury watch brand. This is on a similar line that people who own dive watches are actually divers.
Amusing to see Internet message board poster taking humor and criticizing its factual inaccuracies.

Top Bottom