• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Harman Curve has been around since 2013 though, what is making you think that the coming months in particular are going to mean increased adherence to the Harman Curve by headphone manufacturers?

Oh, that one is easy.

Firstly, It’s started already.

Secondly, interest is clearly picking up. Not just in the Harman market, in particular, but the objectivist market in general.

A €100 Harman curve headphone is of limited interest to subjectivist audiophiles.

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Harman Curve has been around since 2013 though, what is making you think that the coming months in particular are going to mean increased adherence to the Harman Curve by headphone manufacturers?
Sites like these and the proliferation of user measurements, maybe? :p Didn't read their post though so not sure what's the context

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, that one is easy.

Firstly, It’s started already.

Secondly, interest is clearly picking up. Not just in the Harman market, in particular, but the objectivist market in general.

A €100 Harman curve headphone is of limited interest to subjectivist audiophiles.
Well, I'd welcome increased uptake of the Harman Curve, let's see what happens.

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Just one more thing to ponder on this.

If AKG can tune a pair of $100 headphones to a specific curve (in this case Harman), just how difficult (for which read expensive) can it be to tune any headphone to any curve?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
B

besides the k371 which other headphones follow the Harmon Curve? I have the original X2 I thought that was..
Following link is the quickest way for you to see which ones:
Don't necessarily use the EQ's from there because they follow a slight modification to the bass levels vs the Harman Research, but that headphone ranking is based on adherence to the Harman Curve, so that's valid. Your X2 looks like it's in the Top 40.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

RHO

Major Contributor
Last edited:

rawrJ

It's a closed back with a dynamic driver.

Edit: Doesn't look too promising: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/gras_43ag-7_harman_over-ear_2018/Sivga SV021
It has bass.
As RHO said, it actually uses the same driver as the phoenix but in closed back. Honestly those AutoEQ settings are pretty awesome, I desperately wanted someone like Amir or Oratory to measure them so I could get some EQ Settings to work with and tinkering with those has increased my enjoyment of these big time.

dza

Another vote for Kennerton Magni :D Lets seal the deal on Kennerton.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going to send in Sennheiser HD560s soon.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Time for the Chinese-branded AKG K271 Mk2? I would like to see the direct comparison with the Austrian model to see if and what has changed.

(And the DT-150/DT100 pad...)

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Shipped in my sennheiser HD560S and Koss Porta Pro for measurements today.

batfunk

Drop Dan Clark Aeon Closed X.

There is a debate here to know if it is 100% same Headphones as Aeon RT closed :)

Last edited:

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well I found at least 3 others for the HD280 Pro alone

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom