• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Network audio player

Guermantes

As far as I know, DisplayPort is aimed at connecting computer monitors but both can carry multi-channel audio. Much will depend on the capability of your destination component. Does your Emotiva have DP in?

OP
S

sophie smith

As far as I know, DisplayPort is aimed at connecting computer monitors but both can carry multi-channel audio. Much will depend on the capability of your destination component. Does your Emotiva have DP in?
No. Would still have to use DP to HDMI. Just wonder if this is any better as far as output from PC.

Guermantes

I can't see any benefit as it is still processed as HDMI at the Emotiva end, so you might as well run HDMI>HDMI. But really, unless you are needing hi-res multi-channel playback, you might be better served with a SPDIF connection (e.g. coaxial or Toslink) if this is available to you. This obviates the need to deal with any video data issues and audio signal often measures better than over HDMI (much depends on the HDMI implementation).

OP
S

sophie smith

I can't see any benefit as it is still processed as HDMI at the Emotiva end, so you might as well run HDMI>HDMI. But really, unless you are needing hi-res multi-channel playback, you might be better served with a SPDIF connection (e.g. coaxial or Toslink) if this is available to you. This obviates the need to deal with any video data issues and audio signal often measures better than over HDMI (much depends on the HDMI implementation).[/QUOTE

Thanks. But my PC does not have any other option to output. The only other option is to use USB to coax/toslink converter box, which may not be much better. Later on, I will get a stand alone DAC, which would work fine. But for now I will try HDMI. See what happens. Should be good enough for FLAC files.

Hi-Fi HATs

I started with Volumio and moved on to moOde when I realized I didn't have to pay for Tidal integration. I am using both a JustBoom Digi Zero pHAT atop a Pi Zero and a JustBoom Digi HAT atop a Pi 3B+. They both sound amazing and have changed the way I listen to music. I h ad a hell of a time sourcing all the parts to build out a kit. So much so that I bought a bunch of extras for friends. Let me know if you have trouble getting a hold of anything.
_____
Sean D. Burke
socials: @HiFiHATs
http://HiFiHATs.com

al2813

I started with Volumio and moved on to moOde when I realized I didn't have to pay for Tidal integration. I am using both a JustBoom Digi Zero pHAT atop a Pi Zero and a JustBoom Digi HAT atop a Pi 3B+. They both sound amazing and have changed the way I listen to music. I h ad a hell of a time sourcing all the parts to build out a kit. So much so that I bought a bunch of extras for friends. Let me know if you have trouble getting a hold of anything.
_____
Sean D. Burke
socials: @HiFiHATs
http://HiFiHATs.com

Hi, can Qobuz Including hi res be integrated to Moode as well? Am also looking to switch from Volumio...

Top Bottom