• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just got banned at Audiophile Style for pushing back against misinformation

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Another thread with a ton of misinformation in it and I'm another casualty of Chris Connaker's sanitizing the echo chamber.

Here's my YT video that finally did me in. Chris is insistent that I'm being rude/disrespectful when all I'm doing is challenging poor assumptions.

Daverz

Major Contributor
I gave up on "Audiophile Style" a long time ago. The name change from "Computer Audiophile" was the first clue about where the forum was going. After they created a separate ghetto for "objectivists" things went downhill quickly.

OP
Jinjuku

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What's really ironic are the PM's from Chris asking me to fix members networks that other members wrecked. Also the PM's asking me to look at his ISP logs for some stuff that was going on with his provider.

His mantra is one of where HiFi and high tech converge. It would be helpful if he didn't let patently false information to be promoted. He's the sole reason why I started clap-back on YouTube. He doesn't own that comment space.

sq225917

Major Contributor
I share that badge of honour.

Many audiosites, im being none specific here, are soundboxes to the owners viewpoint. ASR is similarly a soundboard to Amir's World view, its a view we largely share, and for simplicities sake the AUP protects that view.

The difference with many/most other sites is that they also protect viewpoints that are sympathetic to paying advertisers. That's not the case here though, we just have a higher burden of proof requirement to express a viewpoint, and all the regulars like that.

Lots of people believe scientifically unfounded ideas, the trick is just to let them get on with it, we won't change people's minds by arguing with them, they can largely only do that for themselves.

OP
Jinjuku

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately Chris has now resorted to bald face lying. He asked that I start another thread. I did, I started it at the YT video I posted.

I can't say I'm surprised as he sold out his morals a long time ago.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Never liked that site myself, and just went and looked at his intro to "new objective-fi sub forum" description and couldn't get past "Have some wonderful news to share about a USB cable?"

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
  • How much was he asking?
  • Were they used?
  • Or NOS?
I think the price minimum was a pair of Wilson speakers he put in a rather inappropriate setting. After asking advice of members on getting some new speakers, and getting lots of good varied options, out of the blue his final choice was Wilson. Which of course became a very prominent advertiser from then on.

They were very used by then.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, he used people with technical knowledge to build up the site, and when it became obvious more money was on the subjective side he has found ways to keep those ads coming in. I stopped posting there shortly after he added the objective sub-forum. You clearly were a second class forum member if your views fit there. Similar to what happens at head-fi.

OP
Jinjuku

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, he used people with technical knowledge to build up the site

And that's ok because look at how far Audiophilestyle has fallen in Alexa rankings since...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And that's ok because look at how far Audiophilestyle has fallen in Alexa rankings since...
Haven't looked at that. How much has it fallen since the name change? I did see the current Alexa ranking for Chris' site is 277k while ASR is at 60K.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Another thread with a ton of misinformation in it and I'm another casualty of Chris Connaker's sanitizing the echo chamber.

Here's my YT video that finally did me in. Chris is insistent that I'm being rude/disrespectful when all I'm doing is challenging poor assumptions.

I'm surprised you lasted this long... Chris had an itchy finger ready to press that ban button for quite a while.

OP
Jinjuku

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Haven't looked at that. How much has it fallen since the name change? I did see the current Alexa ranking for Chris' site is 277k while ASR is at 60K.

I'm not sure the amount but both Alexa and Similarweb show Chris's efforts have negatively impacted his site. The raw data like ASR's 2.7 million views vs AS's 1/2 million certainly paint a stark picture.

I believe this is what being a severe narcisist gets you. You can't tell them any differently. They know everything.

Top Bottom