• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

ta240

Major Contributor
It’s a modernized version of the Paradigm PW Link measured here. Modernized because it supports a real streaming platform (AirPlay, though unfortunately not AirPlay 2) and not just that Play-Fu or whatever clown show

Does anyone know if it pops when the bit rate changes like the PW Link?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

weasels

It’s a modernized version of the Paradigm PW Link measured here. Modernized because it supports a real streaming platform (AirPlay, though unfortunately not AirPlay 2) and not just that Play-Fu or whatever clown show

That's not super great news, after looking at that review...

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's not super great news, after looking at that review...

ARC room correction is more sonically relevant than SINAD here.
Does anyone know if it pops when the bit rate changes like the PW Link?

Does the bitrate change on AirPlay? I'm not exactly sure what's being discussed but I haven't noticed pops. AirPlay isn't as steady as an AirPort Express though. Note Forte doesn't have a "wired" digital input, only analog wired, along with AirPlay and clown show wireless digital.

ta240

Major Contributor
Does the bitrate change on AirPlay? I'm not exactly sure what's being discussed but I haven't noticed pops. AirPlay isn't as steady as an AirPort Express though. Note Forte doesn't have a "wired" digital input, only analog wired, along with AirPlay and clown show wireless digital.

I wouldn't think so. The issue is when it is used just for room correction before another DAC they produce a pop when the bitrate changes

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Onn. Android TV UHD Streaming Device​

Audio only over HDMI, but it's a pretty decent streamer that I use on a few TV's. Since it's android TV, you get to take your pick of audio streaming services. The only flaw I've experienced is that it can't handle Nvidia's game streaming for some reason, as it overheats and stutters. For $20, its pretty impressive though.

fieldcar

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Head over to Drop now for absolutely massive savings on the Topping D30 Pro + the Topping A30 Pro! Hurry, with these kinds of discounts these items won't last long!
/sarcasm

1634393429831.png

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
Head over to Drop now for absolutely massive savings on the Topping D30 Pro + the Topping A30 Pro! Hurry, with these kinds of discounts these items won't last long!
/sarcasm

View attachment 159401
To be fair, you are getting $60 in drop points for the amp and $70 for the DAC to use on future purchases, like some Drop + Dan Clark Audio headphones.
Plus, you get to build up the excitement of owning these waiting 5 months to have them delivered, lol. (not really that long, but sometimes)

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer

buzwork

Authorized online Revel Dealer, AudioLab, has the Revel M8 SP5 in red for a significant discount ($499). Pretty ugly but solid price.

Top Bottom