• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bose QuietComfort 45 - Impending Release!

Victoria

Hey everyone!~

So it seems like the cat is out of the bag, Bose is finally releasing a direct update/replacement to the legendary QuietComfort 35 II, whohooo! So far everything looks good, the basic design has been kept the same and we are getting a USB-C port at last!! Really excited for these and can't wait!

Here's the link to the leak: Bose QuietComfort 45

Discuss!

OP
Victoria

Victoria

Here's an image taken from the link above for your convenience!

Bose-QC45.jpg

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These are out now. 24 hour battery and USB-C, according to Bose. My QC35ii made it though an 8 day trip recently with no charge, so the qc45 should be incredible.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But can you use the app without signing up for an account?

Tachyon88

I would seriously love an over ear version of their QC line.

Tachyon88

Isn't this over ear model?

No, it looks like a newer qc35 model. I understand the size for portibility, but I would actually like a larger version of the QC line because I want my ears all the way in the cup.

D

Deleted member 27694

35 and the new 45 are over ear designs. Never heard one complain about them being not large enough before. I am a very very large person and have no problems at all with qc 35 unlike with first and second gen sony xm which where indeed very small. qc 35 are still by far the most comfortable anc hp.

Tachyon88

35 and the new 45 are over ear designs. Never heard one complain about them being not large enough before. I am a very very large person and have no problems at all with qc 35 unlike with first and second gen sony xm which where indeed very small. qc 35 are still by far the most comfortable anc hp.

I'm have an average head and small ears and I can sorta fit my ears in them, but I don't really consider them over ear, mostly on ear.

When I say over ear I meant something the size of hd650 or larger, but not because they are uncomfortable.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Measured on a 5128. No mention unfortunately of the volume setting used for the measurements as it will affect the FR (volume dependent EQ).

I would however encourage people to try them for themselves, as a collection of hunches make me think that their design is likely to increase the likelihood of variation between individuals above 1-2kHz : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-fi-and-sean-olive.27017/page-12#post-935561

phrwn

Has anyone bought these yet? I see they're down to $279 across the board for Black Friday. I tried the QC35's as a Teak/Element II replacement and found them decidedly lacking, but of course am always wondering if there's a more convenient alternative.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Has anyone bought these yet?

I own them, but I'm not exactly certain how that may help you :D. Sound is different from the QC35, although most of the internals are the same (https://www.52audio.com/archives/94914.html), but it's difficult to know whether that comes from the pads or the DSP.

Since they're awfully sensitive to placement / pad compression in the 2-5kHz range, like quite a few ANC over-ears (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-fi-and-sean-olive.27017/page-12#post-935561), I would take any measurement in that range with a pinch of salt and prefer to try them for myself before passing judgement as either small variation in tolerances or individuals' anatomy may wildly swing the response one way or another.
Since they also have a volume dependent EQ, like all Bose ANC headphones, the response also depends on the internal volume you set them at.

Rtings's results as well, where the channel imbalance they observed perfectly matches the range where the design seems to be the most sensitive : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/quietcomfort-45-qc45-wireless

Not a huge fan of the ANC background hiss, it's higher than on the 700/XM4/Airpods Max. Wind noise is a significant issue as well.

Moonhead

My wife had The 700 and QC45 is a letdown big time, as both ANC and phone calls are worse than previous models. only better comfort and battery.
Shame on Bose, I say!

Will be interesting to see in 3years time if they manage to totally screw QC55 to.

Last edited:

Viennacalling

I would prefer 35II to 45
much better and also cheaper

Noise canceling is better on the older QC35

bose developed a really bad but expensive headphone

Top Bottom