• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Genelec monitors / speakers

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Guess its just a special design variant of the normal and long discontinued 6040a though

On Tuesday 5th October at 17.00 EEST/UTC+03, we’ll be launching the 6040R smart active loudspeaker, the first model in our new Signature Series - a collection of specially cherished models and design collaborations that have marked Genelec’s unique contribution to the world of audio over the last four decades. Created in conjunction with celebrated industrial designer Harri Koskinen, the 6040R smart active loudspeaker is a two-way floor-standing model that fuses the very best of Finnish technology and design, bringing exceptional performance and beautiful aesthetics to all lovers of high quality audio – from high end listening and home theatre, to professional monitoring applications. So, join our livestream as Darren Rose, Markus Kahelin and Harri Koskinen tell the story behind the 6040R, and explain its many features and benefits. Our team will be answering your questions too, so we warmly invite you to get involved!

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Guess its just a special design variant of the normal and long discontinued 6040a though

On Tuesday 5th October at 17.00 EEST/UTC+03, we’ll be launching the 6040R smart active loudspeaker, the first model in our new Signature Series - a collection of specially cherished models and design collaborations that have marked Genelec’s unique contribution to the world of audio over the last four decades. Created in conjunction with celebrated industrial designer Harri Koskinen, the 6040R smart active loudspeaker is a two-way floor-standing model that fuses the very best of Finnish technology and design, bringing exceptional performance and beautiful aesthetics to all lovers of high quality audio – from high end listening and home theatre, to professional monitoring applications. So, join our livestream as Darren Rose, Markus Kahelin and Harri Koskinen tell the story behind the 6040R, and explain its many features and benefits. Our team will be answering your questions too, so we warmly invite you to get involved!

I hope this somehow leads to more floorstanding models. Also, if it's a floorstander, why not use the space between the woofer/ground for extra volume and woofers?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope this somehow leads to more floorstanding models. Also, if it's a floorstander, why not use the space between the woofer/ground for extra volume and woofers?
Guess the problem is that they make these model series from aluminium and a floorstander enclosure would be laborious and expensive to manufacture from aluminium.

Jukebox

Maybe for smaller form factor; easy/lighter weight to ship, not to mention the extra cost for a full size aluminum enclosure; I tested and absolutely loved the Genelec Four against the similarly priced Kef R3; Cant wait to test this one, especially if maybe will have a built in DAC and more flexibility for home use.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hope Genelec do some floorstanding
The idea of get more bass and lower bass distortion, its nice

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I'm not sure if it's actually them or the older model.
Screenshot_20210928-161842.jpg

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I think it looks good with the foot. Very elegant loudspeaker. And yes, a floorstander would use the same space. But it would also be more expensive and you need a subwoofer anyway.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I think it looks good with the foot. Very elegant loudspeaker. And yes, a floorstander would use the same space. But it would also be more expensive and you need a subwoofer anyway.
Yes but the people prefer not to always use subs, i'll a guess but i think there is more people with floorstander than 2.1 setup.

ElNino

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The old 6040A were larger than they look in pictures. With 7 inch woofers they were able to produce enough low end for a decent chunk of people without a subwoofer, especially in smaller size rooms.

The waveguide does look a little shallow, but they were crossed relatively high.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Plus if you ever have a home invader, you could just pick it up by that foot and swing it at the intruder's head.

Top Bottom