• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ugliest component ever created

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If Macs aren't to your taste in amps, maybe a kraken?

0E2Ood9.jpg
I prefer this sort of Kraken...

kraken-black-spiced-rum-gallery_blowup.jpg

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't see why anyone has it in for McIntosh. I think the big Wilson speakers look awful.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To my mind there's really no contest:
relentless%20front%20straight_0.png

There more expensive the amps from this brand, the uglier they get.
Dan D'Agostino must be a foodie, because his creations look like high-end kitchen appliances. I don't mind the looks, but now I'm hungry for a panini - damn!

mansr

Major Contributor

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If we already have a ‘most horrific industrial design in the history of creation’ thread my apologies,
I give you this,

Keith
When I saw the thread title I was thinking I was going to have to find a really bad McIntosh product to post, you saved me the pain of looking.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All McIntosh gear looks like a prop from a low-budget 50s sci-fi movie made from cornflakes boxes and bottle caps painted silver. At least they are consistent! When I first saw a picture of McIntosh gear I honestly thought it was some kind joke mocked up in Photoshop ... :facepalm:
Yeah, I expect to see some big forehead guy twiddling with the knobs every time I see something of theirs.

images

Top Bottom