• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is this new forum layout? Test.

Do you like the new forum layout?

• Yes, I like the new layout

Votes: 50 57.5%
  • No, I don't like it.

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Bring back squared avatars at least?

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 21 24.1%

• Total voters

kchap

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I like the improvements but, ehere might be a few database or maybe it's something with me. I did a search for the Topping E50 and L50 via the review index and cannot find them. The last review is suspicious:
1632290759053.png

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I like the improvements but, ehere might be a few database or maybe it's something with me. I did a search for the Topping E50 and L50 via the review index and cannot find them. The last review is suspicious:
View attachment 154943
The database is independent of the forum. @pozz can comment on the last update bit.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
is it just me or do those FB style likes look like a fist to the person/nickname whose post you liked? :eek:

StuartC

Forum Donor
Was there actually anything broken that needed fixing? Or was this a case of changing the site for the sake of it? Thinking it needs to be kept modern and "up-to-date" visually?

I've not looked around in detail yet, but first glance at the main Forums page, it looks cluttered and busy now. Less is more.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
View attachment 154943
I'm assuming it's accurate. Seems to be that way, from the list of reviews. There's a small group of volunteers that populates the database but we're not consistent. I haven't been on the forum much over the summer, for example.

So, sorry. I'll try to get to it at some point.

kchap

Forum Donor
I'm assuming it's accurate. Seems to be that way, from the list of reviews. There's a small group of volunteers that populates the database but we're not consistent. I haven't been on the forum much over the summer, for example.

So, sorry. I'll try to get to it at some point.
Thanks for your response. My main concern was that the SW upgrade had caused the problem. You volunteers will have to work harder while I stay on the sidelines and criticize!!

Again, thanks.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What happened? It's a total mess, I pulled the plug.

View attachment 154799

That just looks like a missing/unloaded CSS (style sheet), or perhaps your browser trying to load a locally cached style sheet from the old version of the site. Clearing your browser cache and restarting your browser might solve it.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@amirm Could you please re-enable the ability to use bullet points as a paragraph style? They are still available in BB code, but not in the regular interface.

JSmith

Master Contributor
@pozz is it possible to remove the "confirmation" for a like reaction to a post? I am finding it rather cumbersome when I want to like multiple posts in a thread.

There are many more emoticons available in Xenforo... could some more be switched on as the choices are still fairly limited?

Also, apologies I missed you in my thank you to ASR post in the welcome thread. I intended to but couldn't remember your handle name at the time. :D

JSmith

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I've had an odd issue since the changeover. From time to time when responding to a post, I can't get the cursor to land outside the quote box so I can type my response. My workaround has been to post the quote box, then use the Edit function to type in the response, but that doesn't seem like an intended feature.:D

kchap

Forum Donor
I've had an odd issue since the changeover. From time to time when responding to a post, I can't get the cursor to land outside the quote box so I can type my response. My workaround has been to post the quote box, then use the Edit function to type in the response, but that doesn't seem like an intended feature.:D
The new SW hides the markup code. When you are editing a quote it is very easy to remove some of the markup code. In the previous version you could easily where the markup code was in the onscreen text.

Top Bottom