• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Asimov Foundation

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry a bit off topic and I realize the crowd here is a bit young but who is dying to see Foundation on Apple TV+

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm hoping it is good, and glad it is a series. Just don't see how you could make it work in a movie. I feel Dune should have been an extended series instead of one huge movie to cover one half of the first book.

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Agreed. The BBC Dune was very good as a mini series. I can’t image a movie making the grade like that Sting thing in the 90’s it was crap.

Promit

I am a lifelong fan of Asimov's work. Watched the trailer a while back and I still have absolutely no read on whether it'll be any good. I have a sub so I guess we'll see how it goes.

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Was it shot with iphone 13 cinematic mode? It seems like they've managed to screw up this classic by a woke themed "educational" remake, just like they do with all modern content now a days...
Woke please no. The trailer looked right on.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
While it will be incredibly difficult to capture this Saga on Film. I am indeed incredibly eager to see if they can work their Movie making magic to produce. The Books immerse you into a galactic drama on an Epic scale. Huge would be an understatement. Can’t wait!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Bring it! The trailer looks awesome!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
I read the books about a million years ago. If they've done a half way decent job of the series it will be brilliant.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If I remember the Foundation series correctly the first couple of books were great but it just turned into a Galactic runaround after a while.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Although The expanse did a pretty good job.

That’s an understatement. I found the Expanse watching the first several seasons of the series - then I read all the books.

I started reading Asimov’s Foundation series as a teen. I absolutely loved the books. I cannot wait to see what they do with them.

Martin

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Although The expanse did a pretty good job.

Now we can argue over what is "classic" scifi. :D For me, it needs to transcend eras, and that series isn't yet old enough to do so.

Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke, van Vogt, Brown, Pohl, Kornbluth... that's more of my idea.

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Now we can argue over what is "classic" scifi. :D For me, it needs to transcend eras, and that series isn't yet old enough to do so.

Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke, van Vogt, Brown, Pohl, Kornbluth... that's more of my idea.
On that note, did Wells' Invisible Man ever get a worthy (not Hollywoodian) adaption? Same with Burroughs' A Princess of Mars. In the end, I doubt we'll ever get anything faithful to old material in a modern movie.

PS: the new Dune seems awful

Top Bottom