• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What kind of banana plugs are these?

bicho_solto

I got these speaker cables on AliExpress and they came missing a pair of banana plugs I don’t wanna bother contacting the seller about it cos I imagine the process will take ages so I tried buying banana separate plugs but I can’t seem to find one that is compatible with the cable I have. Does anyone know what these plugs are called? Or where I can find them?
7CD6D2D9-5053-4E0F-9852-77A16D0B5255.jpeg

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
These?: https://www.amazon.com/SKW-Convertible-Connector-Plated-Speaker/dp/B086ZPY2P2

$75 for a speaker cable — scraping the bottom ceiling of the snake oil price spectrum.

If only they were marketed as audio jewelry and nothing more, I'd say the price were fair. That part with the connectors giving cleaner sound and the Single Crystal Copper is complete nonsense. I don't mind paying a premium for looks and build quality. Too bad it's become customary to sprinkle a generous handful of snake oil tropes on the marketing blurb of any audio product.

Follower

You could get the same length of Belden 5000UE 12 AWG, terminated with locking bananas, from Blue Jeans Cable for $40 in gray or $43 in white. (Plus shipping.) Which is what I'd do, although it doesn't look anywhere as nice.

Long ago when I was gullible enough to buy Monster Cable M Series cables, they had a similar screw-off system to accommodate switching between banana plugs, spades, flexible pins etc.)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You're looking for just the tips of those banana plugs or entire banana plugs? Good golly $15/ft for those on Amazon is just silly....and too short to be of much actual use.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have an old Monster speaker cable that came with interchangeable tips like that (you can go from banana to spade). I suspect it is custom and not anything standardized.

OP
B

bicho_solto

Thanks for the help guys! I looked at Amazon uk instead of us that’s why I couldn’t find them I guess
As for the price well…I don’t really think they made any difference in terms of sound compared to the cheaper cables I had before but they’re definitely prettier and give my system more of a “high end” look, so for me it is well worth the money. I care about the way my system looks as much(if not more) as I care about how it sounds.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Thanks for the help guys! I looked at Amazon uk instead of us that’s why I couldn’t find them I guess
As for the price well…I don’t really think they made any difference in terms of sound compared to the cheaper cables I had before but they’re definitely prettier and give my system more of a “high end” look, so for me it is well worth the money. I care about the way my system looks as much(if not more) as I care about how it sounds.
Excellent - that is probably the only good (and perfectly valid) reason for buying expensive cables that perform identically to cheaper ones.

Audio Jewelry as Killingbeans called it.

Top Bottom