• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

JSmith

Master Contributor
we can all throw in a dollar
1631256712320.png

... I just want to know when I can personally teleport, not my audio. :D

JSmith

antcollinet

Master Contributor
We are all aware that Machinadynamica is a parody page, aren't we?. Or have we got some Poe going on?

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We are all aware that Machinadynamica is a parody page, aren't we?. Or have we got some Poe going on?

I used to think it was, or some kind of Situationist statement. But the bloke is/was a member here for a while and he does seem to believe in what he's selling.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
I used to think it was, or some kind of Situationist statement. But the bloke is/was a member here for a while and he does seem to believe in what he's selling.

So - one way or the other, Poe's law applies :facepalm::D

Grumpish

Wow amazing... ly disturbing;

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina60.htm

Yeah, I'm not buying this for $111,995.00 ... that's right, $111,995.00;

View attachment 152439

JSmith

Machinadynamica - a great spoof site. I am not sure if the site is still being maintained, it doesn't seem to display correctly, but is always good for a giggle. He has got the pseudo-science babble spouted by snake oil merchants and their adoring acolytes absolutely spot on.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It is the inherent and quite large interactions between wood, cement and the electrons in your speaker wire. Running your wire anywhere near any wood surface is the death knell of high end audio. The wood fibers impart forces in the electrons in the copper that would not ordinarily be there. The proof of course is that NASA never uses wood to build all the interior cabinets for all the electronics gear on rockets. Elon Musk then took this another step further and declared their would never be dangerous wood or particle board on a Falcon 9 near the control electronics. Don't believe me? Call up NASA or SpaceX and ask how much wood is on their various rockets etc. When they tell you "none", my point is proven. So, buy those cable lifters! Just make sure they are not made of wood.

I REALLY need to get into the snake oil business. I am missing out on so much easy money. :)
Tell that to the cows! ;)

1631270287466.png

Machinadynamica - a great spoof site. I am not sure if the site is still being maintained, it doesn't seem to display correctly, but is always good for a giggle. He has got the pseudo-science babble spouted by snake oil merchants and their adoring acolytes absolutely spot on.
I dunno about the site, but proprietor Geoff Kaitt is still postin' away at AA (audioasylum, that is, not that other AA...)
:)

Robin L

Master Contributor

JSmith

Master Contributor
Why put an expensive amp at kick height?
Imagine coming home drunk as a skunk to a power outage, tripping on the cables and then falling on all your audio shit. Surely any cryogenic treatment would be ruined and one would need to replace the cables...

Forgot this link earlier too to the most expensive cable product I think I've ever seen... price goes up to $124995.00 if you select 15ft cable length and bi-wiring. Yes, that's right, another $13000 for a slightly longer cable!

The whole product description is nothing but "awards" and "reviews"... no specs, no measurements. I'm in for sure... that is if I ever completely lose my mind. :facepalm:

https://mitcables.com/product/acc-268-revision-2-articulation-control-console/

JSmith

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
So "only" a failure rate of 5% or so?
Yes but I probably abuse them a bit because I do more reconnecting than will most users. AQ did replace them.

egellings

Major Contributor
If I were to get drunk (not my cuppa tea), I'd steer clear of anything electrical. Stereo stuff would get played on the following day.

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Many here have told me that Geoff Kait is absolutely sincere.

When you look at the amount of time he puts in to perpetuating his nonsense at Audiogon and other sites, he seems to have more persistence than an satirist could.

It seems he took down the “improve your system with a phone call from me” offer, though.

Top Bottom