• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tablet recommendation

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi, can someone please recommend a tablet:

- android
- 8 inch or so
- SD card slot (or if there's some other type of expandable storage)
- Usb port (or wireless charging)

Basically I want it to be a dedicated screen for audio, it would be connected to a USB DAC. So it has to charge somehow always so I don't have to worry about it.

Thanks

I'd look into "Android Stick" category, but most of them output sound via HDMI. U don't need screen.
As for tablet - get a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.

OP
M

Megaken

Super much thanks to everyone in this thread. I have an awesome pi setup now and waiting on my pi2aes hat.
PXL_20210929_060724206.jpg

Chazz6

Samsung S6 Lite works fine here. Video compression by Youtube may make rapid movements of hands and so on a little jerky. No way around that.
S6 has a micro SD card slot.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
@Megaken and @Chazz6 You're responding to a spammer. Read their post more closely (they hid spam in the post they quoted).
Good catch. Both sus posts deleted. Thank you for your assistance.

Waxx

Major Contributor
Android does in most configurations resample the audio to a mandatory format before streaming it out. Therefor almost all others are better than android devices for audio use. I would get an ipad, even an older model is good enough. But if you need USB, the 10th generation has USB-C connectors and the price is reasonable if you don't need a big HD. But even with a 256GB HD the price is still ok. A Microsoft Surface can also be good, but will be more expensive.

For USB-A connectors, you will need a laptop, no recent tablet that i know about has it. The connector is to big for that.

Top Bottom