• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I suppose we are all subject to personal excess in one area or another.

I note:

I have Senn HD380pro, 58X, 800S, Beyer DT440, 770, T70(p), Audeze LCD2, Grado RS1i, Quad Era 1, Pioneer Se 500, AKG K340, K500, N90Q, Audiotechnica M50Xbt, Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon, B&O U70, Stax SR5, SR L300, SR L700mk2, SR 007mk2, JVC STH 2E, 1More triple Driver, and Ultrasone 750 pro. Dekoni Blues are soon on their way from Drop :)

I have one pair.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
My 'Mini SUV'. Suzuki Ignis 4WD Hybrid. Love it to bits and all the car I need.

1626795251473.png

MRC01

Major Contributor
Check out my GP100 ...
Feast your eyes on this 1942 Remington Rand, a piece of history and still a great shooter:
20210720_083216.jpg

As nice as as a classic 1911 is, the modern version is more ergonomic
20210720_083227.jpg

Those are big but not hard to conceal, as they are fairly narrow due to the single stack mags.
But the compact version is still better for daily carry. With all the training classes I've done over the years, this one has sent more than 15,000 rounds down the tube and a bit of holster wear, but no corrosion despite years of daily carry & sweat.
20210720_083238.jpg

Craylock

I suppose we are all subject to personal excess in one area or another.

I note:

I have one pair.

I seem to have forgotten my Denon Ah D-7100 on that list. Have another planar on the way not mentioned so yes. The decadence, decrepitude and vulgarity? I wallow in it too!

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
9F7AC268-1043-4539-BDED-2D438014EB87.jpeg

Loved this car, great on long trips. I eventually gave it to cancer society as the best way to dispose of an old vehicle.

Craylock

...But proselytizing random strangers on the web over those matters is completely rational and constructive? Honestly, the problems of this world will neither be solved by a single maverick example, nor by hordes of zealous adherents. For some the sense of importance, urgency and superiority are a salve for raw psychological sores... and for others it's simply enjoying a few irrational pleasures on the road to extinction.

This is a forum primarily based on getting the most value from entirely unnecessary (from a survival standpoint) consumer goods - is there really that much difference between a hifi/theater system and cars, guns, watches, jewelry, etc.? Since crawling from caves, humanity has been all about excesses and exploitation... there's no point in assigning extraneous moral values to specific aspects of that fact. IMO at least. YMMV. ;)

I came with the expectation that this was a dedicated site for audio-equipment, music, the love of it all. Culture isn't IMO superfluous even in survival mode. (I tried a few times to write something sensible about that need for 200-300-400-500 horses per man, when the fuel is controlled by your terror of wreaking havoc on any country that does not subjugate itself, or how guns are a noble thing in a country based on genocide by guns, but I think it is better to let it be). Could go for Hey Bungalow Bill What Did You Kill, but I thinks I'll stick to Speaking Words Of Wisdom Let It Be.

30 Ounce

I posted my fun car a few pages back, this is my daily driver…sort of. I actually drive a big white van to work every day because I’m a contractor.

1C1B1356-D9F2-41AD-82D9-65B6D46B6E21.jpeg

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
I came with the expectation that this was a dedicated site for audio-equipment, music, the love of it all. Culture isn't IMO superfluous even in survival mode. (I tried a few times to write something sensible about that need for 200-300-400-500 horses per man, when the fuel is controlled by your terror of wreaking havoc on any country that does not subjugate itself, or how guns are a noble thing in a country based on genocide by guns, but I think it is better to let it be). Could go for Hey Bungalow Bill What Did You Kill, but I thinks I'll stick to Speaking Words Of Wisdom Let It Be.
Wow, I'd love to hang out with you.

thefsb

Addicted to Fun and Learning
1627416218295.png

So that's puppy Zeno in the foreground. He's a pound mutt from Alabama. You can just make out Lucy behind him. She doesn't reflect any light and is therefore hard to photograph. She's a pound mutt from Georgia.

Some years ago when I was still racing bicycles, I really appreciated how this car swallows bicycles whole. Just put them on the side in the back. No need to remove wheels.

I also like the color.

MRC01

Major Contributor
Nice. As for "modern" with Factory Five, you can get a vintage V8 from the 1980s if you want, but they also support the modern 5 liter Ford Coyote engine.
"Modern" also applies to the chassis & frame: stiffer, safer with far better suspension & brakes than the 1965 originals.
For performance & drive-ability, the kit car is much better than the originals.

Last edited:

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
Beautiful whip! A manual transmission is quickly becoming the state of the art in theft deterrent…

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
new hybrid - old Subaru Forester leaked oil and Subaru pissed me off

Honda Hybrid CR-V engine compartment.JPG

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am now car free, offloaded it last week and won't be buying another (well not for the foreseeable future anyway). Not so long ago I would have found that idea terrible, now I am glad to be free of the expense.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
I am now car free, offloaded it last week and won't be buying another (well not for the foreseeable future anyway). Not so long ago I would have found that idea terrible, now I am glad to be free of the expense.
I'm car payment - free, but I can't imagine being car-free!! I think that's as close as I'll ever get. :)

Top Bottom