• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Blaspheme

Good stuff. And a whole new area of sound reproduction to consider:
Additionally, a single large loudspeaker installed next to the orator caused a delay in the sound reaching the audience. Giving commands in this way meant that the movements of the mass audience, which could be up to a kilometer deep, appeared in waves.

Talk about room modes. We can also consider now why Amir scorns the loudspeakers of the elites. 305s for the masses !!

BluesDaddy

Forum Donor
one more reason; the way they got wealthy is by not throwing money away on bullsh!t like high end audio
Ah, but you're thinking like an entrepreneur or small business owner who built up his or her business. There are LOTS of people who "earned" their money through entertainment or sports (are they different?) industries, or inherited generational wealth, who don't view it that way and who either don't care if they burn through their money (think of all the athletes who had multi-million dollar a year contracts and wound up broke) or their wealth is so great that their discretionary income doesn't even come close to dipping into capital. I've never known a "super rich" person, but had a friend who inherited a little over a million dollars from her parents' estate about 20 years ago. I'm not sure what it grew into, but income off of it was just her "play money" and she just didn't think about the amounts she spent the way you do when you really work for your money.

David Harper

Ah, but you're thinking like an entrepreneur or small business owner who built up his or her business. There are LOTS of people who "earned" their money through entertainment or sports (are they different?) industries, or inherited generational wealth, who don't view it that way and who either don't care if they burn through their money (think of all the athletes who had multi-million dollar a year contracts and wound up broke) or their wealth is so great that their discretionary income doesn't even come close to dipping into capital. I've never known a "super rich" person, but had a friend who inherited a little over a million dollars from her parents' estate about 20 years ago. I'm not sure what it grew into, but income off of it was just her "play money" and she just didn't think about the amounts she spent the way you do when you really work for your money.
yes I read some years ago that Mike Tyson was broke and parking cars or something.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
^ I’d make the fu*#*rs drink it.

egellings

Major Contributor
I wonder how many vials of that black magic liquid they've sold already.

Grumpish

Those morons can't even market well to audiophools. They say it "works on a micro-level" and completely missed the opportunity to use words like "nano" and "carbon"`

And the $100,000 RCA cables - "This cable delivers over 2.3 tons of energy magnetically! "

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Audio is like a lot of things. For most people good sound was commoditised years ago and if they buy audio gear it's more about design, feature set, price, brand image and such like. Many obbyists want to be different and look for reasons to feel better than the ignorant masses and be part of a club. Whether it's audio, cars, watches, sports, many of the dynamics are remarkably similar.

kiwifi

Absolute BS from The Music Room - who should know better!

"At the top of the high-end audio cable landscape live some amazing products that can have as significant an impact on a system as any electronics upgrade. Sometimes, a cable change -- whether a single set or an entire loom -- can even make a HiFi setup sound like it’s playing through new speakers."

https://mailchi.mp/tmraudio.com/friday-five-vol-273-making-connections

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
1628802825845.png

BeepPeep_61

Starting from the famous writing on Madonna's t shirt ..Italians do it Better !! ,:p:p
I introduce you to the harmonic clipper / phase ... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
https://www.sublimacables.com/
Use the Google translator and do two sound laughter .... even the rest of the production does not joke with the snake oil !!:eek::eek::oops:
The HiFi system depicted in the photo is an Italian enthusiast that comments the use:
"They are electromagnetic interactors of the sublima connected in parallel with each electronics including the speakers. They are based on not yet known physical principles but the effect is that of transparency, increased realism, stamp and three-dimensionalities .... are particular objects that I have Installed over time by increasing the performance of my starting system that was still performing but I wanted to extract 100% of the potential. Even the violets above the speakers are sublima, they are equipped with a magnetic motor powered in parallel with highways ... They act as harmonious correlators .... what happens when you insert them in the system is not explained well with the words. In any case ... ask sublima. It is a product for experts ... in search of sound realism, the stamp of the tools ... which inevitably is partialized (it is understood when you insert these gadgets ..) With the conventional approach even spending fige figures .... " :facepalm::facepalm:
Correlatore Armonico Ipertono-Fase.jpg

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree in principle, but IME to assume the primacy of hostile and predatory vendors is too one-sided. Customers drive this market just as much. They love this stuff. They have a baked-in assumption (generally historically legitimate) that upward progression in SQ is always possible, and that there is no limit as to the granularity of what matters. It's all a happy collaboration. If, hypothetically, a class-action suit or government regulation killed that market, the customers would restart it underground.
That requires restricted education and/or lack of aptitude being exploited by profiteering though, IMO.
It begs the question how limited are various education systems and how easily are its graduates exploited?

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Starting from the famous writing on Madonna's t shirt ..Italians do it Better !! ,:p:p
I introduce you to the harmonic clipper / phase ... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Use the Google translator and do two sound laughter .... even the rest of the production does not joke with the snake oil !!:eek::eek::oops:
The HiFi system depicted in the photo is an Italian enthusiast that comments the use:
"They are electromagnetic interactors of the sublima connected in parallel with each electronics including the speakers. They are based on not yet known physical principles but the effect is that of transparency, increased realism, stamp and three-dimensionalities .... are particular objects that I have Installed over time by increasing the performance of my starting system that was still performing but I wanted to extract 100% of the potential. Even the violets above the speakers are sublima, they are equipped with a magnetic motor powered in parallel with highways ... They act as harmonious correlators .... what happens when you insert them in the system is not explained well with the words. In any case ... ask sublima. It is a product for experts ... in search of sound realism, the stamp of the tools ... which inevitably is partialized (it is understood when you insert these gadgets ..) With the conventional approach even spending fige figures .... " :facepalm::facepalm:View attachment 147265

I see wires going to the strings of the violins? I don't understand what the violins or the wires to the violins are doing in the system. Also, he has a black box on the floor, numerous white boxes and two red things on the top shelf. I don't have a clue what is what and which item he is talking about. It's almost like there is "too much magic going on at once". The speakers themselves might be very, very poorly designed but I don't know if there is a tweeter/mid inside the cabinets possibly coming out through the what looks like cloth panels?

All in all, I give him an A+ for effort, and an A+ for making sure ALL of the magic in the room is captured and played through the speakers and not wasted. We all know, you can only get so much magic in a room at once so you can't waste any of it. That is the difference between a true audiophile and just an audio user. The audiophile goes the extra bit required to grab that magic and use it!

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"They are electromagnetic interactors of the sublima connected in parallel with each electronics including the speakers. They are based on not yet known physical principles but the effect is that of transparency, increased realism, stamp and three-dimensionalities .... are particular objects that I have Installed over time by increasing the performance of my starting system that was still performing but I wanted to extract 100% of the potential. Even the violets above the speakers are sublima, they are equipped with a magnetic motor powered in parallel with highways ... They act as harmonious correlators .... what happens when you insert them in the system is not explained well with the words. In any case ... ask sublima. It is a product for experts ... in search of sound realism, the stamp of the tools ... which inevitably is partialized (it is understood when you insert these gadgets ..) With the conventional approach even spending fige figures .... " :facepalm::facepalm:View attachment 147265
Are those little diffuser panels behind the beams over the electronics? Are the violins omnidirectional tweeters? What are on top of the Mcintosh transformers? So many questions.

BeepPeep_61

Some clarifications on the requirements of these "magic" products: :facepalm::facepalm:

Stones Line Accessories made from natural material and minerals which, "loaded" with various liquid and ultrasonic dive baths, interact with electromagnetic fields and free energy.
Mini stones Small parallelepipeds of about 3x2 cm to be inserted inside the electronics

Stones Medium Discs of about 5 cm in diameter, to be used above and under the electronics

Big Stones polarized Parallelepipeds of about 7cm side treated with particular system that makes them sensitive to magnetic fields. Positioned towards the North Magnetic increased their effectiveness. Jiva lacquer Non-conductive paint partially derived from pre-treated stones and adding other elements. It can be used wherever there is a passage of electrons or magnetic fields.

Clamp stones Clamp for vinyl records, acetate and backelite. Yasoda 3 Gold Pair of directional signal cables, roded with particular high temperature equipment to mechanically stabilize the cable and improve electrical behavior, welds with silver parts.

Yasoda 4 - Stones version Pair of rodated magnetic and high-current signal cables, welded with ionized hot air system. Cleaning of ultrasonic connectors and conductors. Treated partly with the Jiva Super Stones lacquer.

Yasoda 4 - Stones Pot version. Pair of power cables roded with magnetic field and high current, welded with ionized hot air system. Cleaning of ultrasonic connectors and conductors. Treated partly with the Jiva Super Stones lacquer.

Yasoda 4 - Stones Alim version Roded magnetic and high current supply cable, welded with ionized hot air system. Cleaning the connectors before ultrasonic welding. Treated partly with the Jiva Super Stones lacquer.

Viola Harmonic.png

Top Bottom