• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A New Cable Company - First Run Copper

MCH

Major Contributor
Room temperature superconductors do not exist today.
Was referring to superconductors in general, hence my fantasy of liquid nitrogen tankers parked in front of audiophiles' houses mentioned previously

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Graphene Nanotubes.
GrNT.

I'm likin' it.

1627823180449.png

MCH

Major Contributor
Was referring to superconductors in general, hence my fantasy of liquid nitrogen tankers parked in front of audiophiles' houses mentioned previously
What a business model, you sell the cable and the contract for the refilling :D

MCH

Major Contributor
Of course, you will need first run liquid nitrogen from pure air of Antartica to reach the low temperatures needed for superconductivity. And then my friend, you will have jimi hendrix in person playing on top of your speaker. Of each of them!

TurbulentCalm

What a business model, you sell the cable and the contract for the refilling :D

Don’t laugh. The tyre industry tries to convince tyre owners that they must only use nitrogen gas to fill their tyres and when the tyres lose pressure and need to be topped up, they have to go back to a tyre company to get more nitrogen. Don’t tell these owners that the air they breath is almost 80% nitrogen anyway.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Liquid nitrogen is for plebes. Everyone knows the best-sounding superconductors are the low-temperature ones needing liquid helium, and an additional system to get as close to 0 K as possible. When you start at 4 K, every tiny little drop in temperature makes a hugely audible difference.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Yup, think on all this shaking atoms that rattle the electrons. I can hear it from just thinking about. No 0K, no audio nirvana.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Note: First Run Copper's Hippy Shake™ cables are only intended for playing the Woodstock movie soundtrack, or Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane albums. Oh, and the Nuggets compilations.
Any other use will constitute a breach of the warranty conditions. Please contact First Run Copper for further information.

:cool:

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Note: First Run Copper's Hippy Shake™ cables are only intended for playing the Woodstock movie soundtrack, or Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane albums. Oh, and the Nuggets compilations.
Any other use will constitute a breach of the warranty conditions. Please contact First Run Copper for further information.
This sounds like audiophile nirvana. Special cables for each type of music, no different than a golf player changing clubs depending on the situation.

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Oh, I actually did post on ASR quite a long time ago talking about using superconductors as speaker cables. I wonder how it would sound like....

But then, 1 thing is that its only the speaker cables that will be superconductor. The speaker internal circuit and wiring are still non-superconductor.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It their defense, the Belden 9497 is a pretty friggin good aesthetic match for Jazz.
We use it for purty much all types of music here. :)

DSC_4468 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
(since this photo was taken, I did - finally - work up the gumption to replace the CAT5 :cool: cabling used for the "super" tweeter with the Belden wire as well)

Top Bottom