• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Another budget Amp recommendation for Dali Spektor 1

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Give the Yamaha AS301 a pass if you are driving a low sensitivity speaker. I tried driving a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.2 (88db) and it didnt go as well as I expected it to. I would try to get the most powerful amp there is (check for tested true wattage numbers, not the claimed ones) then later add a DAC when budget allows. The DA-9 sounds great, it is among some of the most powerful mini amps right there now but it is not tested here yet at ASR.

The A130s are very popular in Japan for some reason, it is slowly reaching cult status over there. Pair that with a tube amp and you are golden.

gasolin75

88 db isn't low sensitivity

The DA-9 sounds great, it is among some of the most powerful mini amps right there now

NO, it's not among some of the most powerful mini amps right there now

Topping PA3,AUDIOPHONICS MOS-120, https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Power-Amplifier-Stereo-Desktop/dp/B08GQL6BJJ?ref_=ast_sto_dp, Aiyima A08, Aiyima D05 is all more power full in 4ohm than the DA-9

Aiyima D05 has 3 digital inputs usb,coaxial,optical,blutetooth,rca and sub out, can be powered by a 36 volt power adapter and cost under 200 euros on amazon.de, 2x120 watt in 4 ohm

Cheaper than the nobsound version

https://www.amazon.de/AIYIMA-D05-Bl...istungsverstärker-Unterstützung/dp/B08KY654HX

https://www.amazon.de/Stereo-Bluetooth-Power-Amplifier-Subwoofer/dp/B088THFMQM?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Last edited:
OP
T
88 db isn't low sensitivity

The DA-9 sounds great, it is among some of the most powerful mini amps right there now

NO, it's not among some of the most powerful mini amps right there now

Topping PA3,AUDIOPHONICS MOS-120, https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Power-Amplifier-Stereo-Desktop/dp/B08GQL6BJJ?ref_=ast_sto_dp, Aiyima A08, Aiyima D05 is all more power full in 4ohm than the DA-9

Aiyima D05 has 3 digital inputs usb,coaxial,optical,blutetooth,rca and sub out, can be powered by a 36 volt power adapter and cost under 200 euros on amazon.de, 2x120 watt in 4 ohm

Cheaper than the nobsound version

https://www.amazon.de/AIYIMA-D05-Bluetooth5-Stereo-Digital-Leistungsverstärker-Unterstützung/dp/B08KY654HX

https://www.amazon.de/Stereo-Bluetooth-Power-Amplifier-Subwoofer/dp/B088THFMQM?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Thanks for so many recommendations!

I think the more I spend, the less compromise I want to make.
Topping PA3, Audiophonis MOS-120, Aiyima A08 and D05, all don't have Headphone out. Even the DA-9. Plus I read some issues with quality control with Da-9 and also Loxjie A30. Kinda makes me nervous. I wonder if there any alternatives to Chi-fi gear at these price-points.

I feel having a Headphone out should be a higher priority than Sub out.

At present, thanks to all of you and your recommendations, I have following options -
  1. Aiyima A07 (+ D10s/ E30). Less money and compromises.
  2. Loxjie A30. More money and no compromise. (Is a separate DAC recommended here too?)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We are supposed to not use the term Chi-Fi because some peeps here used it as a derogatory racist reference. Just saying because the moderators requested that we help out and discourage the term. :D

OP
T
We are supposed to not use the term Chi-Fi because some peeps here used it as a derogatory racist reference. Just saying because the moderators requested that we help out and discourage the term. :D

Oh, sorry about that. Wasn't aware of this. But I only used it to abbreviate made in China products, also I borrowed this from many other audiophile forums. Thanks for pointing it out. Will not repeat it in the future here.

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
I am using Technics V560 for desktop setup ( by the desk ) with Q Acoustics 3010, now I have ordered TEAC AI-301DA-X/ B, with Bluetooth capabilities. As it takes less space, consumes less energy and has auto standby , which is convenient when using with PC.
MSRP ist 499€, but it could be found on discounts with full warranty for around 300€. I think it should suit your needs.

gasolin75

I am using Technics V560 for desktop setup ( by the desk ) with Q Acoustics 3010, now I have ordered TEAC AI-301DA-X/ B, with Bluetooth capabilities. As it takes less space, consumes less energy and has auto standby , which is convenient when using with PC.
MSRP ist 499€, but it could be found on discounts with full warranty for around 300€. I think it should suit your needs.

Why not a Yamah WXA-50 seeme to be according to Thomas & Stereo (youtube) to be fantastic if you speakers that is a good match for the amp

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
Why not a Yamah WXA-50 seeme to be according to Thomas & Stereo (youtube) to be fantastic if you speakers that is a good match for the amp
I already have an amplifier with MusicCast capabilities, R-N803, and I needed this for desktop setup only, where Teac fits nicely : half the price of WXA-50 (almost), USB input, enough power for small speakers. If not, I would leave Technics, only thing that I miss on it is auto-standby, but for 30 years old amplifier, for now it is excellent.

OP
T

Thanks for this suggestion. It looks nice and compact. Unfortunately there are no deals in secondhand. Also, Teac AI-301DA-X and Yamaha WXA-50 are similarly priced here.

gasolin75

Used nad D3020

gsp1971

Forum Donor
Not if your looking for something small
Then why is Yamaha A-S301 on his shortlist? The Yamaha R-N303D has a DAC as well, so it saves the cost of a DAC.

Anyway, if looking for something small in size, but with all the facilities of a standard size integrated, an output of a 80-100W per channel, and a price of under $250, good luck!

@theywantmysoul have you considered the option of active speakers for now, until more funds are available in the future?

Top Bottom