• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Avishai Cohen,

I have so many of his CD's, difficult to choose from.
for me, Morenika, Shalom Aleichem and Seven seas are the tracks that come to my mind.

Pegwill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time out

Regards

William

1619962680740.jpeg

guildenstern

KerenDun: "Right In Between" -- opening cut from Let the Mountain In.
From Bandcamp page: "New York based pianist Nitai Hershkovits and Tel Aviv based writer and vocalist KerenDun (Keren Dunietz) created an EP that dwells in the strange and enchanting"

guildenstern

Nina Ramsby with Ludvig Berghe Trio: "Nu Väntar Tiden" (Now Is the Time)
It's in Swedish, and I don't know what she's saying, but it doesn't matter, I just kinda go with the languorous flow...

NinaRamsby.jpg

Last edited:

taner

What a great recording. Such raw and clean recordings work with jazz best.
Ben Webster - Ill Wind (1957)

Last edited:

Tokyo_John

Forum Donor
Any love for Duke Ellington and Co here?

I recently re-discovered the album Blues in Orbit, not so famous but the recording is raw and very good at the old Columbia studio. I read that they had just returned from a Europe tour and the label wanted them to churn out an album. They did some all night jet lag sessions right away and this was the result. There is some truly beautiful exposition here, as one expects. My favorite track is Smada, the second. It is like a journey into another world, great studio work, the melody and support are enchanting as ever. Simply delightful. The pianist seems to be registering some notes of protest at times, ending the song on a low ringing note. In any case, as I listen, I am there in the room with these guys, incredible musicians., all of them. The attitude is tangible and clear.

Other Duke fans: what are your favorite recordings? Tracks?

Robin L

Master Contributor

I recently re-discovered the album Blues in Orbit, not so famous but the recording is raw and very good at the old Columbia studio. I read that they had just returned from a Europe tour and the label wanted them to churn out an album. They did some all night jet lag sessions right away and this was the result. There is some truly beautiful exposition here, as one expects. My favorite track is Smada, the second. It is like a journey into another world, great studio work, the melody and support are enchanting as ever. Simply delightful. The pianist seems to be registering some notes of protest at times, ending the song on a low ringing note. In any case, as I listen, I am there in the room with these guys, incredible musicians., all of them. The attitude is tangible and clear.

The "All-Star Road Band" recordings, live [I think 1957 and 1963], dancers on the floor, requests shouted, The Duke gives the last call for alcohol. Minimally miked, great stereo imaging. As the Strayhorn arrangement of Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker Suite" was the first version of that work I encountered, have been listening to it ever since.

Chuckv

Forum Donor

amper42

Major Contributor
Fourplay - 101 Eastbound
Fourplay - Max-o-man

Holly Cole Trio - I can see clearly now
Sinne Eeg - Waiting for Dawn - Sudden Change of Weather

Great Jazz tunes

Top Bottom