• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's Cooking? Show us Your Plated Food Photos!

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I couldn't find a food photo thread, though I know it has been suggested. Sorry if I missed it.

Anyway, I want to see what you're cooking with a brief description. Style points for anything you harvested yourself.

I will start:

20210601_181615.jpg

I harvested a boar on Hawaii island a couple weeks ago, and this is the first meal I have cooked. My best attempt at a kalua boar plate lunch plus some fresh pineapple.

The meat is a Polynesian boar fresh ham, that I got charred and smoky on a very hot grill before pressure cooking for 2 hours with sea salt.

Last edited:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My best attempt at a kalua boar plate lunch plus some fresh pineapple.
Looks great! If you want a bit more of that Hawaii vibe, try dishing out the mac salad and rice (white sticky rice works best) with an ice-cream scoop!

Did you know that it's possible to grow your own pineapple plants from the top which normally gets discarded? The ones my mom grew produced smallish fruit but almost orange in color and super-flavorful.

raindance

Major Contributor
Looks great! If you want a bit more of that Hawaii vibe, try dishing out the mac salad and rice (white sticky rice works best) with an ice-cream scoop!

Did you know that it's possible to grow your own pineapple plants from the top which normally gets discarded? The ones my mom grew produced smallish fruit but almost orange in color and super-flavorful.

In my younger days in South Africa, we used to use the peels from the pineapple plus sugar, yeast and water to make pineapple "pop" - so named most likely because it was quite good at exploding glass bottles while brewing. A delicious, mildly alcoholic drink. We made the same brew using ginger peels sometimes also :).

Katji

Major Contributor
^^ That's why at one time last year, the price of pineapples went up and they were selling out.

..........And, one of my few memories of boarding school is that some of the cupboards stank. Bare wood shelves, so it soaked in. ...And that smell is sort of associated with the smell of rugby jerseys, not washed.

Top Bottom