• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

SDX-LV

From what I have seen Sennheiser 560s right now is among the very best headphones out there? Or is it @amirm ? :)

The headphone ranking is very good: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/blob/master/results/RANKING.md
But more importantly, if you look at the actual measurements, they do not just statistically match the target, but really have very few quirks.

oratory1990 also concluded that 560s is very close to Harman target.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets

560s is based on the same reliable, very contistent chassis as used in many Harman Studies:
So the question is: is 560s better reference headphone than HD600/HD650?

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Samsung Galaxy Buds "plus" version. Would be interesting...

KR500

Beyerdynamic DT-990 Edition 600 ohm
Not the Pro model .
Oratory measured 990, but.... no mention whether they are the Pro, or the Edition.
Rtings hasn't measured the Edition model

Last edited:

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Meze Empyrean would be very interesting I’m curious how well that unique driver functions.. expensive though
Just do it, Amir

PSX_20210609_201600.jpg

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Anker Q30 BT headphones are on sale for $60 on Amazon.

One of the benefits is that they can store an EQ setting set via the Soundcore app. Other benefits for the price range include an environmental mode (hear things around you) and the ability to stay connected to 2 BT devices at once.

I tried the Q20s and found them to be very bass-heavy with a narrow soundstage, so I'm curious to see if EQing the Q30s might resolve those issues.

Last edited:

Phos

I really want to see Ether 2 measurements done on something better than a minidsp EARS.

Reactions: EJH

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
ZMF Vérité
I have a ZMF Atticus coming up soon. Company contacted me months ago saying they would send me some other models but they did not follow through.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just do it, Amir
You are talking to a guy who spent two days with his head in a 3 foot deep ditch fixing a water leak instead of calling a plumber! So I would be the last guy to spend $3,000 on this headphone. :) I am sure someone will send one in at some point.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
You are talking to a guy who spent two days with his head in a 3 foot deep ditch fixing a water leak instead of calling a plumber!

Been there Amir. Know how you feel for sure. :)

Locate the leak, dig (pick axe/spade/hands) down to the water pipe. Find it encased in concrete. Was a trench to the house they dug 900mm deep (3ft) 30 years ago, laid the plastic water pipe in and poured cement over the top. :facepalm:

Tree grows, tree roots crack cement with pipe inside. Brilliant. Ended up bypassing the whole mess and going direct to the main connection at the house. More digging. More head down a rapidly filling hole of water.

Plumber had quoted $2000 plus excavator hire. Pipe $30. Fittings and joiners $30. My two days, plus re-laying all the grass- priceless.

John_M

Forum Donor
It is surely beyond time to see some Stax headphones reviewed. If not the SR-009(S) then surely the SR-007 which Amir owns.

I think we pretty much know what a review of the SR-009 would say - hopefully low distortion but it will be criticized for Harman non-compliance out of the box - but would be good to see this confirmed.

ethanchiu10

Highend headphones from brands that have questionable quality according to audiophiles such as:
- AirPods Max
- Bang and Olufsen H95
- Whatever is Bose's highest end headphone
- And Beats ofcource!

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Highend headphones from brands that have questionable quality according to audiophiles such as:
- AirPods Max
- Bang and Olufsen H95
- Whatever is Bose's highest end headphone
- And Beats ofcource!

Agree this category is super important. I am not familiar with B&O's offerings, but I would like to see the others listed, at least the best / newest models. The TOTL Bose (NC 700) is in line for testing.

Top Bottom