• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Requirements to be eligible to post items for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomblip

Am I able to make a WTB post without 30 posts here?

Been lurking for a minute and have some things I'm hunting for but haven't engaged yet with the community.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Am I able to make a WTB post without 30 posts here?

Been lurking for a minute and have some things I'm hunting for but haven't engaged yet with the community.
I’m sorry but you must have a min of 30 posts to list items for sale here. 30 posts isn’t a very high hurdle so start welcoming new Member and you’ll have 30 in no time really.

Taddpole

I’m sorry but you must have a min of 30 posts to list items for sale here. 30 posts isn’t a very high hurdle so start welcoming new Member and you’ll have 30 in no time really.

They asked about buying and you answered about selling?

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
They asked about buying and you answered about selling?
Same requirement for either. I was not clear, sorry for that. Of course the final decision is made by the seller/buyer. This is just a guideline to prevent one post fraud scams.

ad_fletch

Forum Donor
Darn I need to be chattier. Have browsed most days for a year and still only 11 posts. Love the forum though thanks.

Would like to give someone else the benefit of a Meizu Hi-fi Pro I managed to snag just before they all ran out.

Actually that reminds me, once I qualify, can I also propose a swap, or is that too risky...?

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Actually that reminds me, once I qualify, can I also propose a swap, or is that too risky...?
Why not? Most of the gear discussed here is computer based and will fall in value (while still perfectly serviceable).

This hobby is more fun if your way.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
Darn I need to be chattier. Have browsed most days for a year and still only 11 posts. Love the forum though thanks.

Would like to give someone else the benefit of a Meizu Hi-fi Pro I managed to snag just before they all ran out.

Swaps are acceptable and run about the same risks I suppose. If it were me and my gear, I would not entertain any deal with any member with less than a hundred posts or about 3 months membership. So decide what makes you comfortable, and not what we say. What the hell do we know? :oops:

Last edited:

groovybassist

Forum Donor
I've browsed the forums actively since joining, yet have very few posts. I've learned a lot being here, but haven't felt compelled to add my opinion at many points in time. While I appreciate the intent of the "30 postings" hurdle, it does seem to me there are other criteria that should be substitutes. Although I haven't been around long and have very few postings, I am a Forum Donor and feel the donor status should be a factor in whether I can post items for sale, regardless of how many posts I've personally made.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
I've browsed the forums actively since joining, yet have very few posts. I've learned a lot being here, but haven't felt compelled to add my opinion at many points in time. While I appreciate the intent of the "30 postings" hurdle, it does seem to me there are other criteria that should be substitutes. Although I haven't been around long and have very few postings, I am a Forum Donor and feel the donor status should be a factor in whether I can post items for sale, regardless of how many posts I've personally made.
And it does grant you Superpowers. So thanks for your Support and sell away Sir. It also helps you have been here for 6 months now.

We make this stuff up as we go. :p

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
First post rules/guidance updated to reflect adoption of recent qualification parameter suggestion. Thank you

groovybassist

Forum Donor
First post rules/guidance updated to reflect adoption of recent qualification parameter suggestion. Thank you

Cool...off to work on my superpowers...

eriksson

Forum Donor
I should make a donation, I have a volcano to sell, and plenty of fresh lava. Perhaps a bridge also.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Doubt it.
Well, perhaps some of us would prefer to buy from people who have the same interest in quality as we do.
About 1/3 of my equipment was bought years ago new. Most of the rest is second hand from others who have similar ideas to mine. Maybe 5 to 10% is recently new. I think that there are others looking to upgrade to better used equipment as others of us upgrade to the latest/greatest equipment. Many other sites are like gambling. This one is much less so. The suggestion of donation is a nice idea; provided that it is actually a suggestion of a donation and not a mandatory donation (which is not a donation at all).

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
To be entirely clear. No additional rules exist beyond what is specifically stipulated in the First post of this thread! All the preceding posts are Member Suggestions and advice that at this time are not compulsory.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Would it be too big of a request that for sale items MUST include an image of the back (connector) panel and/or a weblink for additional item information? 2nd for sale I item (an Outlaw power amp) I looked at, just shows a front panel that is a blank black panel...

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
Would it be too big of a request that for sale items MUST include an image of the back (connector) panel and/or a weblink for additional item information? 2nd for sale I item (an Outlaw power amp) I looked at, just shows a front panel that is a blank black panel...
You are welcome to request whatever extra info from the seller that you require. We don’t have the personnel to police all these for sale posts and enforcement. Up to the potential buyer to make these requirements requests.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Are the post requirement the only requirement to sell something?

You can become a financial subscriber and skirt the post count requirement, but the main thing is credibilty and trust earned through hard work, lots of posts, arguments and bannings. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom