• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Seriously, Another MQA Thread Killed by the Mods!

Should All MQA Discussions be Banned on ASR?

• Yes

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 82.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Wheres the one showing a guy sat on the toilet.

I Don't miss those numb legs from sitting on the can too long dealing with virtual crap ha ha .

Bickering over stereophile and MQA , about as inane and vacuous as it gets . From what I see both topics tend to be just vehicles for individuals to indulge in righteous indignation and valueless opinion trumpeting. When that spills over into personal attacks and unpleasantness what point is there ? Certainly no value to the wider readership.

For those wanting to talk more about MQA , you should ask yourselves ' do I have something valuable to say ' , valuable to someone else other than yourself!

Contentious threads are fine but the aggravation created needs to serve a constructive narrative based on thought and information progression not just people venting for self serving reasons .

John Atkinson

Industry Insider
Reviewer
The shut down of my comments on the stereophile review as well as the sister thread I made on the stevehoffman forums proves without any doubt that stereophile will censor dissenting opinions where they can.

That is not correct. As I wrote in the deleted thread on ASR, your comments on the Stereophile website were unpublished because of insulting language. Had you made your point without including insults, they would still be visible.

John Atkinson
Technical Editor, Stereophile

Last edited:

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For the record. I closed it. So lay all the blame you have at my feet.
Be a moderator they said...

It'll be fun they said...

:cool:
Okay, let's be real here...

He lives in SW Florida. He probably spends his days lounging on the beach sipping daiquiris, while occasionally reading a web page or two. The MQA threads give him the stress needed to live a fully balanced life :D

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
101 pages was enough - more than enough. However, the new post re the rebuttal - or whatever it is - is valid... Although the problem is that it naturally leads to further rehashing of everything that has already been covered.

101 pages... smh...I'd bet ASR has longer threads than anywhere else. (Aside from threads like "What's playing?" and so on, of course.)

Yes, well, willpower is the only way.

There is a 400 + page one on Audiophile Style . Some familiar faces there too.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30381-mqa-is-vaporware/

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Question. What is an MQA,Mean?

It's the audio equivalent of Medusa. Listen to it and turn to stone. If your question is serious, do a search.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Andysu

Major Contributor
It's the audio equivalent of Medusa. Listen to it and turn to stone. If your question is serious, do a search.
I searched saw it in images and looks like snake oil. Not interested in it.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

I would have said the Emperors New Clothes, or possibly the Hydra. Stamp on one thread and two more pop up.

Andysu

Major Contributor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Great, we've gone full meta. 4 pages of posts about something we're not supposed to talk about. :facepalm:

Guys: go outside! Better yet, play some music! :cool:

It's a double bonus event...

People can complain about the (open) thread being closed, then go complain in there too!

I would have said the Emperors New Clothes, or possibly the Hydra. Stamp on one thread and two more pop up.

It is the bane of every moderator on every audio forum, determined by drunk blind testing.

Beave

Major Contributor
That is not correct. As I wrote in the deleted thread on ASR, your comments on the Stereophile website were unpublished because of insulting language. Had you made your point without including insults, they would still be visible.

John Atkinson

Too bad that policy doesn't apply to Stereophile's own writers.

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

John Atkinson
We've been over this before, Mr. Atkinson. Nothing I said on that Stereophile was any more inflammatory then what MF has ever said himself. In fact what I said was relatively harmless in comparasion. I don't remember my exact words but all I did was call into question his hearing ability. I may have also called him a liar, but MF has called me a liar on multiple occasions himself. Tit for tat.

The narrative you're pushing here, that MF is a victim, is laughable. MF is a much more hostile, rude and ill-tempered individual then I'll ever be. The amount of swearing and insults hes done ON YOUR OWN STEREOPHILE.COM REVIEWS is more then I have in my life.

MF, and you, are a bunch of hypocrites.

kami

It could be a thread about politics, or any other controversial topic.

New threads about MQA create more work for moderators while not bringing new knowledge in, because there MQA is a black box and you cannot learn a lot from it unless you reverse engineer MQA.

An attempt to reverse engineer MQA was posted already in a thread, that sounds like the good place to have that conversation.

There are delicate balances when moderating, and I think merging the thread with an older one is a good idea.

One could argue that people should reflect whether there’s a thread already about the subject they want to bring up with a new thread.

But that’s hard to achieve, and even harder to enforce without affecting people’s sensitivities.

KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom