• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The New King?

Soulone

I wouldn't expect that but any chance that this release could have an impact on the prices of the actual models in the market? Didn't happen in the past, right? I'm after a D70s but I could wait a few more months if needed....

DeepSpace57

No MQA option would be nice. However, I know D30pro disaster (overpriced one nearly as much as 100 USD, maybe more, for the sake of good test results). Let's see the price, I bet 999 USD(LOL). The best current options seem like `Schitt Modius (USA made! yeah budget-performance one. This is now where we are )` and Khadas Pro if complete transparency exists after a point and all good DACs sound the same. Right?

Veri

Master Contributor
Schiit Modius has next to no availability btw. Can't really recommend a dead product.

DeepSpace57

Schiit Modius has next to no availability btw. I can't really recommend a dead product.

No worry, Order now it! It will soon appear on your door with a 5-year product guarantee. Modius is a beautiful `thick` slap to emmm (no, I cannot say this, lol). BTW, it is the cheapest DAC with balanced output by Schitt. What an irony, right?

Vhond

We’re excited to announce that TOPPING will release a special edition TOPPING D90SE in June. This flagship DAC will be sold on Apos Audio and will feature an ESS ES9038PRO DAC chip.

So it won't be an AKM chip anymore...

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How about AK4118? Any news guys regarding shortage?
LOL plant was destroyed so they're literally building from the ground up and production won't resume until later this year. Any DAC chips are from existing inventory in circulation, but not coming from AKM ... but maybe from their manufacturing partners: this site lists what parts may be available from its production partners https://www.akm.com/eu/en/support/customer-care/

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Where can you purchase the SE label to stick on my present D90 :rolleyes:
Just choose your eyes and you'll be listening to the D90SE :p

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I knew, i knew ! It is for 999 USD

LINK

LoL, ridiculously expensive!
?
Perhaps just me but I don't see a price on the page you link to..

If it really is 999 USD... complete waste of money imho.
Same box with the same features but with the super extra price premium for the extra couple SINAD points one never notice anything about in real life use. Better spend half, or even less, of the amount of money on another competent transparent DAC and use the rest to buy some headphones or something that actually does make a noticable difference.

Top Bottom