• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Seriously, Another MQA Thread Killed by the Mods!

Should All MQA Discussions be Banned on ASR?

• Yes

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 82.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why are we discussing this? Thread was not killed, but merged with the original and unlocked. As long as we’re all good boys (mostly boys anyway), we’re good. Would be nice to see some new arguments though..

Katji

Major Contributor
MQA has been discussed to death. Why waste bandwidth on it?
101 pages was enough - more than enough. However, the new post re the rebuttal - or whatever it is - is valid... Although the problem is that it naturally leads to further rehashing of everything that has already been covered.

101 pages... smh...I'd bet ASR has longer threads than anywhere else. (Aside from threads like "What's playing?" and so on, of course.)

It hasn’t and simple just don’t read MQA threads.
Yes, well, willpower is the only way.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
A few days after it was locked. Pressure from Stereophile?

Since you seem to be serious, I'll answer like this...

If I ever find out anything like that is happening here, I will be the first one out the door.

The decisions made here have zero to do with anyone other than your 2 very human moderators, with very, very limited input from Amir, when we drag him into things he'd much prefer to stay out of, or what he gets himself into (where we leave him alone to deal with it...:rolleyes:)

Of course, every decision is painfully obvious when you aren't making them...

The general insinuation that there is some outside actor is completely off the mark.

'We' may not always make the perfect decisions...sometimes it may be as far from perfect as can be, but there is nothing like what you are suggesting happening here.

mansr

Major Contributor
Why are we discussing this? Thread was not killed, but merged with the original and unlocked. As long as we’re all good boys (mostly boys anyway), we’re good. Would be nice to see some new arguments though..
It was killed after two replies, then merged with the old (killed) thread when people started complaining.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

If I ever find out anything like that is happening here, I will be the first one out the door.

The decisions made here have zero to do with anyone other than your 2 very human moderators, with very, very limited input from Amir, when we drag him into things he'd much prefer to stay out of, or what he gets himself into (where we leave him alone to deal with it...:rolleyes:)

Of course, every decision is painfully obvious when you aren't making them...

The general insinuation that there is some outside actor is completely off the mark.

'We' may not always make the perfect decisions...sometimes it may be as far from perfect as can be, but there is nothing like what you are suggesting happening here.
Why was it closed, then? I mean it was obviously a dumb topic.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I voted "No", but really what's the point of this constant bickering about MQA? It's a needless format that is best ignored. If you like MQA, that's fine; if you don't, move on.

It would be so useful if forums like this (and Hoffman) had an "Ignore/Hide/Nuke" button for threads! I would love to press that button.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Why was it closed, then? I mean it was obviously a dumb topic.

What we aren't going to do is a public forensic analysis.

PM's are better for that.

mansr

Major Contributor

That's encouraging. The question was serious. JA has threatened legal action against other forums in the past. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if someone from Stereophile had demanded deletion of that thread, and I'd understand if ASR chose to comply rather than face litigation.

There were some nasty things said there, but there were also many informative posts. It's disappointing that they are no longer available. Since the thread had already been locked for several days, the choice to delete it wholesale is somewhat baffling.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
For the record. I closed it. So lay all the blame you have at my feet.

Be a moderator they said...

It'll be fun they said...

:cool:

Katji

Major Contributor
I voted "No", but really what's the point of this constant bickering about MQA? It's a needless format that is best ignored. If you like MQA, that's fine; if you don't, move on.

It would be so useful if forums like this (and Hoffman) had an "Ignore/Hide/Nuke" button for threads! I would love to press that button.
That's what I was thinking about, again. "Ignore" versus "Block" like on Fb and Reddit and even Soundcloud. Very different architecture. But it would be easy enough to implement thread/post hiding.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ignoring these threads isn't enough. They encourage a pattern of participation which leaks into other topics.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For the record. I closed it. So lay all the blame you have at my feet.

Can you please explain the rationale behind closing that thread?

it is clear that these threads increase engagement and viewership, which means more donations which means the chances of this site surviving increases and you get to enjoy being a moderator longer.

Closing the thread is the equivalent of Amir closing 'spicy' review threads, he never does that, because closing the thread would be more harmful to the site than keeping it open, no matter how bad it is.

I hope I'm not being offensive in anyway, I'm really curious why these decisions are taken.

Gekel

I still can spend 4 points until the ban hammer hits me, if I am correct. Well spent points on MQA :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom