• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why does Cannabis make music sound way more detailed and hundreds of times more enjoyable?

Rockdog

Will widespread legalization cause more excessively laudatory articles in the Audiphool press?
I'm thinking it's been well stocked with stoners and psychonauts, how the hell else do you hear a "not subtle" deeper, wider, soundstage and more focus from an $8 power cord relabeled at $329?

Fremer must use all that tube gear to keep his shroom compost warm.

Last edited:

vert

Forum Donor
You sound like fun at parties.

All the crazy fuckups I've known or met had waaaaayyyyyyyyy bigger issues than cannabis. Correlation does not equal causation. Alcohol off the top of my head is so much worse and causes so many more problems in the world. With other drug/alcohol abuse, personality disorders, and just people being dicks, cannabis use is so far down the list it's not even worth mentioning.
If cannabis use is not your jam, that's fine, but I don't believe at all it's the main cause of many "people destroying their lives and futures". If that's your take, there were likely many issues hidden from you.
I feel sorry for people who think "it sucks" and is evil. Peace and good luck to you, Vert.

Edit: You know what, @vert , on second thought who would come to a thread talking about cannabis and music to post what you did? I think you are a sad person who is either a troll and/or suffers from one of those personality disorders I mentioned.
Thanks, you just kinda made my point, didn't you? A word of advice, if you were testy, paranoid, stupid and judgmental in the first place, cannabis is certainly not going to improve your condition;)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been a smoker of cannabis since grade 3. My oldest brother of 5 years more was a bad influence and rolled me joints while we walked to the school bus stop. I smoked them with 2 friends at the baseball diamond near the elementary school. From there I was encouraged to drink heavily and had several very bad experiences with severely OD'ing on bourbon, gin and beer. Anywayyy... my shrink tells me that cannabis use in teens is very bad for brain development and when I told him I was in grade 3 he said that definitely brain damage will occur. Like psychosis, delusions, hearing voices and some other things that are believed to be caused by cannabis use in teens and pre-teens. I still smoke cannabis dependant on my asthma levels and due to me preferring indica (versus sativa) I find it to be very relaxing and sometimes uplifting and gives me energy. Some cannabis does make me lethargic and stuff but usually I am just mellowed and relaxed. It's a adult drug; not for young people.

Reactions: JRS

vert

Forum Donor
You should look into the history of MKULTRA and the work that the Luces of Time magazine were doing to promote LSD for psychotherapy in the early 1960s.
The story of how drugs became a mass commodity is in itself a bit interesting. Is widespread drug availability really a coincidence? I can't think of a better tool for social control. Self-inflicted slavery.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The story of how drugs became a mass commodity is in itself a bit interesting. Is widespread drug availability really a coincidence? I can't think of a better tool for social control. Self-inflicted slavery.
As we now know, in the 1980s, the CIA played a role in cocaine smuggling (and by extension, the crack epidemic) in connection with its operations in Central America.

And one has to wonder if governments are involved with the current explosion in fentanyl trafficking. I don't think most folks understand the extent to which fentanyl is wildly, dangerously addictive and lethal in tiny, practically microscopic quantities. When I was recently in the hospital with a relative who was being anesthetized with it, only the anesthesiologist could handle it, and it was put in a locking transparent case made out of something that looked like plexiglass.

It has killed people I know personally, and it killed Prince and Tom Petty.

Nango

Major Contributor
It is well documented that cannabis allows you to hear details in music that your ears would not in anyway be able to pick up if not under the influence. The music even 1 single track can be listened to hundreds of times in 1 day and continue to be like the first time you hear it always putting a smile on your face. It makes audiophile headphones and equipment suddenly become hundreds of times more high end than they really are.

Why is this?
Don't see how putting that stuff into the box where your phones are stored could make them sound better ..... or more detailed.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

drugs were a mass commodity in most prehistoric societies, including non-human ones

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Smoked cannabis one time and I was paralyzed until it wore off,I was there just couldn't move,never again.

Why does Cannabis make music sound way more detailed and hundreds of times more enjoyable?
I find that a bit of cannabis makes almost everything at least a bit more enjoyable, probably why they call it a drug. As for the actual pharmacology? I have no clue, I just enjoy smokin' the stuff.

Robin L

Master Contributor
I find that a bit of cannabis makes almost everything at least a bit more enjoyable, probably why they call it a drug. As for the actual pharmacology? I have no clue, I just enjoy smokin' the stuff.
Interesting stuff. We've got endocannabinoids and cannabinoid receptors like we've got the same for opioids. This is relatively recent knowledge. These links led to discovering the endocannabinoid that most closely resembles THC-9. They named it anandamide, ananda being a Hindi word that translates to "bliss". And it turns out that "Runner's High" is the anandamide kicking in. Anandamide has the virtue of not sticking to receptors like THC-9 does, so the body flushes it out much more quickly. Clearly this is all of great medical interest. Consider the possibilities of anandamide for therapeutic uses. However the schedule 1 status of cannabis has greatly inhibited medical research into cannabis and continues to this day for no good reason.

Last edited:

Robin L

Master Contributor
Indica vs sativa for critical listening sessions?
Sativa for the virtuoso stuff, like Ravi Shankar or Jimi Hendrix at Monterey.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting stuff. We've got endocannabinoids and cannabinoid receptors like we've got the same for opioids. This is relatively recently knowledge. These links led to discovering the endocannabinoid that most closely resembles THC-9. They named it anandamide, ananda being a Hindi word that translates to "bliss". And it turns out that "Runner's High" is the anandamide kicking in. Anandamide has the virtue of not sticking to receptors like THC-9 does, so the body flushes it out much more quickly. Clearly this is all of great medical interest. Consider the possibilities of anandamide for therapeutic uses? However the schedule 1 status of cannabis has greatly inhibited medical research into cannabis and continues to this day for no good reason.

anandamide was the first endocannabinoid discovered - in the 1940s

I dunno re most closely resembling THC-9

gonzoucab

Have you ever tried Acid?

whole new level for your audio system bro

gonzoucab

MMMM, no

I Made millions on bitcoin smoking weed all day and listening to music.

so no.

Top Bottom