• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Class-D Amplifier From Panasonic: SU-R1000

Kuppenbender

Forum Donor
And here it is....
https://www.technics.com/us/news/20200901-su-r1000/index.html
41C0CC37-D158-4FE2-8FFE-1610AB67D3EB.jpeg

As expected, it looks like a Technics SU-G700 that just ate a Technics SU-G700

Trinitrond

Bought an SU-G30 and I must say I very impressed by the resolution of the amp. Now I just upgraded from Denon AVR-X-2700, which is no reference in comparison.
I have had high end stuff like Vantage, Manhattan II, Aries and X260.5 before and that's of course something different and takes up way more space.
Now using the Technics on Dynaudio Excite X32 and the background is deep and black, image is wide, detail is open and bright with great resolution without being harsh.
It can play really loud as well.

Very impressed, hopefully we can see some measurements GAN equipped SU-R1000 or SU-G30 soon.

Scottso

Bought an SU-G30 and I must say I very impressed by the resolution of the amp. Now I just upgraded from Denon AVR-X-2700, which is no reference in comparison.
I have had high end stuff like Vantage, Manhattan II, Aries and X260.5 before and that's of course something different and takes up way more space.
Now using the Technics on Dynaudio Excite X32 and the background is deep and black, image is wide, detail is open and bright with great resolution without being harsh.
It can play really loud as well.

Very impressed, hopefully we can see some measurements GAN equipped SU-R1000 or SU-G30 soon.

Amirm I hope to ship to you my sug700 integrated amp sometime this July as I am listening to it daily during my rehab. It is dead silent and plays my Canton 9k effortlessly. I am curious as to itsTHD+N .5 as I am use to seeing numbers like.0005 but then again in I know absolutely nothing about the meaning of various measurements and would love you to put it through its paces.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amirm I hope to ship to you my sug700 integrated amp sometime this July as I am listening to it daily during my rehab. It is dead silent and plays my Canton 9k effortlessly. I am curious as to itsTHD+N .5 as I am use to seeing numbers like.0005 but then again in I know absolutely nothing about the meaning of various measurements and would love you to put it through its paces.
That would be great. Just start a conversation with me when ready and we will take it from there.

Archsam

Last edited:
Top Bottom