• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser’s headphone business has been bought by hearing aid manufacturer Sonova

garbulky

Major Contributor
garbulky

Sorry to confuse you - I was sort of joking....;)
Go ahead and get your HD800S :)

I'm very confident that the Sennheiser Brand will continue in its current glory ! They are both highly respected brands here in Europe.
SONOVA & Sennheiser will simply combine their efforts to grow in their respective markets.

Regards
Urs

(Sonova have their headquarters just accros from my home, near the Lake of Zurich )
I transited in Zurich once or twice! If you do happen to ever go by Sennheiser, it would be great if you could find out whether they plan to release an HD800 sequel like an HD900.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I transited in Zurich once or twice! If you do happen to ever go by Sennheiser, it would be great if you could find out whether they plan to release an HD800 sequel like an HD900.
Kinda think the successor is the HE-1.

URS

HD900 ?
I only found this "Set 900"

https://en-de.sennheiser.com/wireless-stethoset-headphone-stereo-listening-system-set-900
Not exactly a worthy successor to anything, imho :rolleyes:

RE. HE -1: I may commit some Dumpster Diving at SONOVAs HQ in Stäfa, at the Lake of Zurich. ;);)
Maybe I can gather enough spares to make my own HE-1….

But then again SONOVA in Switzerland most likely will NOT be directly involved in the HIFI Phones business for some time.
BTW: The HE-1 of course is the successor of the old & legendary ORPHEUS, by many considered the best Phones ever built - at that time. :cool:

Regards

Urs

Blaspheme

I wouldn't worry about spares for HD650s, even if you can't get genuine Sennheiser parts, they are such a popular headphone that there are plenty of aftermarket cables, headband and ear pads available.
We know there's no need to ever replace those ear pads. All Senny 6xx sound the same regardless.

Top Bottom