• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi @jhaider: Do you think it is enough to buy the Audeze iSine 10 and pair them with the Qudelix 5? The cipher lighting cable looked interesting for me as an iPhone user, but the Audeze iOS app has a 10 band graphical EQ instead of parametric EQ. (I understand I would need an CCK adapter to use it with the iphone/ipad).

In a quick search I couldn't find EQ settings for the Audeze app, so at this point the lighting cable doesn't seem like a "must have" accessory. Am I right to assume this?

KM
The Cipher cable is a huge improvement over just using the 3.5mm cable, even with the EQ flat, they sound much better.
I don't get the tuning Audeze did on the iSine, and many of their other headphones, to be honest. Most need EQ or the Audeze Reveal DSP app to sound great.
The LCD-2 Fazor sounds good out of the box

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi @jhaider: Do you think it is enough to buy the Audeze iSine 10 and pair them with the Qudelix 5?

Yes. They sound better over Qudelix because it has more potential output. I’ve only tried the EQ preset from Oratory. They’re garbage without EQ…

The cipher lighting cable looked interesting for me as an iPhone user, but the Audeze iOS app has a 10 band graphical EQ instead of parametric EQ. (I understand I would need an CCK adapter to use it with the iphone/ipad).

Cipher plugs right in, and the EQ is to season to taste (they’re already voiced by Cipher.)

Qudelix is Bluetooth to iPhone. You can also use it over USB-C from a Mac

In a quick search I couldn't find EQ settings for the Audeze app, so at this point the lighting cable doesn't seem like a "must have" accessory. Am I right to assume this?

If you have Qudelix, you don’t need Cipher. If you want a simple plug and play, Cipher works very well. (Cipher BT not as much.)

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Etymotic ER3XR IEMs are $69 on an Adorama secret price sale. This appears to beat the previous best price by $5. Normal pricing is $90-$130ish. The XR versions have a bit more bass than the SE, and many seem to think this is the best bang for buck Etymotic.

Last edited:

hmscott

Addicted to Fun and Learning
"Error, no shop id!"

Here is where I see the HD660s:

Sennheiser HD 660S
Sennheiser HD660s + Tidal 6 Months Free.png

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes. They sound better over Qudelix because it has more potential output. I’ve only tried the EQ preset from Oratory. They’re garbage without EQ…

Cipher plugs right in, and the EQ is to season to taste (they’re already voiced by Cipher.)

Qudelix is Bluetooth to iPhone. You can also use it over USB-C from a Mac

If you have Qudelix, you don’t need Cipher. If you want a simple plug and play, Cipher works very well. (Cipher BT not as much.)

I bought the iSine 10 ($119) and use w Qudelix and Oratory EQ and it sounds great.

Gurkerl

I couldn't find them, can you still see the 660s ?

The 800s are also cheaper but I wouldn't spend a grand yet.

Sorry for the late reply, but it seems to be gone already. I also see the HD800s and an HD820. I wonder if an HD600 will show up every once in a while.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder if an HD600 will show up every once in a while

I don't think i've ever seen an HD600 on the outlet. I bought my HD660s from there last year and there were some HD650 bundled with an Apogee DAC/Amp on there several times in 2019 (along with 2 or 3 pairs of HD660S).

This link should work... https://en-uk.sennheiser-outlet.com/

(you can then pick your local outlet on the banner).

Here's the listings for the HD820 and HD800S...

1620241214555.png
1620241228569.png

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom