• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ANIME.. Anyone?

olive00

I've never been a fan of the anime genre. Moreover, I treated him as lightly as possible, believing that these "cartoons" are designed exclusively for children, maximum adolescence. Oh gods, I've never been so wrong. Once I decided to watch Death Note. I was interested in the description and rating. And what's the difference that it is 2006 - it's never too late to discover masterpieces for yourself. So I thought and launched the first episode ... Death Note is a story about what can happen if such a magical artifact is in the hands of a genius, sociopath and psychopath with a God complex. Agree, the idea is very interesting and unusual! From this series my love for anime began.

bahamot

My favorite are:
- Ghost in the shell
- Cowboy Bebop
- Trigun
- Love hina
- K-on!
- Dragon Ball (original one and Z, dislike later series) - I learn how to draw by drawing Goku when I was in primary school
9568044055_bb72c1449c_m_d.jpg

- Onepunch man
- Witch hunter Robin
- Code geass
- Samurai X
- Samurai Champloo

Last edited:

luft262

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Akira
GITS
Wolf's Reign
Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind
Vampire Hunter D
Perfect Blue
Dragon Ball (Not Z!)
Gundam Wing
Cowboy Bebop
Helsing

I prefer Manga However...

Berserk
Gantz
Blade of The Immortal
Dragonball
Helsing
Deathnote
Vagabond

The List Goes On!

soyabeaner

I see most of you have more love for the classics than the current breed. I'm very slowly re-watching Hunter x Hunter 1999 and even though a lot of it is non-canon compared to the 2011 version, there something about the older art that makes it scarier. e.g. this scene of Kurapika training to the end at 1 min 15 sec :

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'd much sooner watch classic Looney Tunes than any of this import stuff.

stalepie2

Major Contributor
I see most of you have more love for the classics than the current breed. I'm very slowly re-watching Hunter x Hunter 1999 and even though a lot of it is non-canon compared to the 2011 version, there something about the older art that makes it scarier. e.g. this scene of Kurapika training to the end at 1 min 15 sec :
It reminds me of the X/1999 movie from 1996.
It had a great atmosphere and sounded better in the Japanese track on DVD than the English version

soyabeaner

X is one I haven't watched in ages. I usually only watch anime movies once and the only part I remember from X was it's brutal ending. I liked the TV series (alternate retelling) more and it's OST is amazing.

luft262

The newer anime is not as good, IMHO. I miss the golden days of 90's anime.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not usually a shounen anime person
But at least in the USA, isn't like 99% of the stuff out there aimed at kids and young adults, like early 20s max? I feel that manga is where most of the stuff for more mature audiences are to be found.

Timbo2

But at least in the USA, isn't like 99% of the stuff out there aimed at kids and young adults, like early 20s max? I feel that manga is where most of the stuff for more mature audiences are to be found.

Usually there are a few shows a season that I think work for older audiences. But there is lots of repetitive stuff too. Similar to Hollywood's love of sequels. For example, I'm sure we are all waiting expectantly for yet another high school harem comedy this season.

Oh wait... Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose

Naoki Urasawa's Monster is one of the best stories I've seen for an anime. The 74 episodes just fly through. Highly recommended
Reading through all posts and noticed the omission of Monster up until this point. Definitely deserves to be on the list, and I feel could work as a mainstream live action show.

Fan of many posted but Berserk, Monster and Cowboy Bebop top the list. Yasuke on Netflix is pretty good, maybe a Samurai Champloo meets Tron!?

For movies Princess Mononoke hasn't budged from the top of my list since its release.

Top Bottom