• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Requirements to be eligible to post items for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serg

I'be been a lurker here for quite a few months, but have only recently joined... as a matter of fact, this IS my first post! I have a couple pieces I will be selling in the near future; I totally agree with the minimum post policy, as well as the minimum time as a member policy (if it were enacted). I would like to see both implemented as a possible buyer.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
I'be been a lurker here for quite a few months, but have only recently joined... as a matter of fact, this IS my first post! I have a couple pieces I will be selling in the near future; I totally agree with the minimum post policy, as well as the minimum time as a member policy (if it were enacted). I would like to see both implemented as a possible buyer.
Welcome Aboard @Serg. The 30 post min is in effect as of the date the notice was posted. Length of time has not yet.

D

Deleted member 65

Welcome Aboard @Serg. The 30 post min is in effect as of the date the notice was posted. Length of time has not yet.

Hi Adam, just a small request.
I usually go to new forum posts when I logon to ASR and am being met with this angry post in red (see below).

NOTE: ASR is in no way associated with anything for sale here. Do your own due diligence!!

I don’t mind the message, just the way it’s being presented. I propose font of message be in black and font size same as text under heading.

Thx
/Lars

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
Hi Adam, just a small request.
I usually go to new forum posts when I logon to ASR and am being met with this angry post in red (see below).

NOTE: ASR is in no way associated with anything for sale here. Do your own due diligence!!

I don’t mind the message, just the way it’s being presented. I propose font of message be in black and font size same as text under heading.

Thx
/Lars
Hi LarsS,

This falls to @amirm to decide. It is in large red font so people don’t miss it. Amir can change it if he agrees.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I want to make sure that text is seen so went through extra effort to make it red and bold. So it will have to stay this way.

jajur

I'm also new here, even though I've been reading reviews for quite some time. When I bought my Revel F206 a few years ago (after demoing several speakers), I don't believe they were as known/appreciated. I didn't know forums like this to know I was right, but I'm still glad to read the positive feedback here.
I will also be selling a couple of items (Naim XS and Revel F206) in a few weeks as I go back to San Francisco after having spent 6+ months in my home country.

P.S.: As a EE engineer, I definitely appreciate the approach to discussing gear in ASR.

Nango

Major Contributor
You must be a Member with a minimum of 30 posts made before you can place any for sale post in this Forum. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
And why does such a science driven site need such aarket for 2nd hand gear with thousands and thousands of other similar sites?

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
I'm also new here, even though I've been reading reviews for quite some time. When I bought my Revel F206 a few years ago (after demoing several speakers), I don't believe they were as known/appreciated. I didn't know forums like this to know I was right, but I'm still glad to read the positive feedback here.
I will also be selling a couple of items (Naim XS and Revel F206) in a few weeks as I go back to San Francisco after having spent 6+ months in my home country.

P.S.: As a EE engineer, I definitely appreciate the approach to discussing gear in ASR.
Welcome Aboard @jajur.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
And why does such a science driven site need such aarket for 2nd hand gear with thousands and thousands of other similar sites?
Because the Members wanted it.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
Doubt it.
Why does it’s presence Trigger you?

Exactly what is your point or beef here? If you don’t like it, don’t go there. Simple as that really.

Nango

Major Contributor
Why does it’s presence Trigger you?

Exactly what is your point or beef here? If you don’t like it, don’t go there. Simple as that really.
I think I asked a qualified question which you didn't answer adequately. It's presence doesnt trigger me. I just wondering. If you don't wanted to answer you better do not participate in this thread. I think this site does not need such a department.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I think I asked a qualified question which you didn't answer adequately. It's presence doesnt trigger me. I just wondering. If you don't wanted to answer you better do not participate in this thread. I think this site does not need such a department.
You were given the right answer. Members asked for it. We created it and I have seen countless items sold using it. The fact that we don't charge a fee makes it better than many that do. And being able to look at someone's posting history helps as well.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have some real estate in Florida and can give you a real deal. Showings are possible only when the tide is out.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately none of my audio gear has any residual value to anyone but me.

One FYI, 10% of men are red/green colorblind and so a user interface best practice is to avoid using those colors as a means to highlight or call attention to itself. Better to increase the font size and bold or underline text.

Red and green end up looking kinda greyish and low contrast on the background to color blind people so it can have the opposite effect from the intended call to attention.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Most successful and still in business high-end audio dealers have a trade-in or 2nd hand area in their stores and on their websites. It gets people in the door, keeps them engaged, makes some money and introduces people to items at a much lower entrance fee than brand new.

Not everything new is better.

I think it's a great addition to ASR. People who sell things can also make a small voluntary contribution to ASR for giving them the platform to connect with like-minded buyers.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Like a small donation if your item sold. I would think that would be fair, but nobody would be forced to do it. Some other HiFi sites suggest something similar. Better than paying eBay 10%... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom