• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Synergistic Research apparently at "war" against Gene from Audioholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

noiseangel

I know, I’m sorry, I just don’t like to see people take advantage is all, we have enough of that lately. I’m tired of the Ted Denny battles, just won’t him to prove us all right or wrong and end it all...
And that's how he does it. Everything he says is subjective and we have no Subjectivity Meter.

I can hear the difference, PROVE ME WRONG. That's how he does it.

For the record I can't hear the difference.

Last edited:

Krellfan70

Exactly...I’m not saying people don’t hear a difference be it positive or negative, but that goes for ANY cable or product one implements...did I hear a difference with those little tiny dots and cups on the wall, hell no...I’m going to tape my girlfriends earrings on the wall and claim a crazy improvement...maybe I’m on to something!

noiseangel

Exactly...I’m not saying people don’t hear a difference be it positive or negative, but that goes for ANY cable or product one implements...did I hear a difference with those little tiny dots and cups on the wall, hell no...I’m going to tape my girlfriends earrings on the wall and claim a crazy improvement...maybe I’m on to something!
Careful Ted doesn't come after you like he did for Audioholics. You better retract that statement about not hearing a difference with the dots, he has his gangsta militia standing in the background in his challenge to Gene. :oops:

Krellfan70

Careful Ted doesn't come after you like he did for Audioholics. You better retract that statement about not hearing a difference with the dots, he has his gangsta militia standing in the background in his challenge to Gene. :oops:

Krellfan70

Hahahaha! That’s was hilarious. But maybe your right. Ugh I I DIDNT HEAR A DIFFERENCE, NOW IM TERRIFIED, I GUESS I BETTER JUST BUY THEM ANYWAY!
I actually live about 15 minutes from SR too!

noiseangel

Hahahaha! That’s was hilarious. But maybe your right. Ugh I I DIDNT HEAR A DIFFERENCE, NOW IM TERRIFIED, I GUESS I BETTER JUST BUY THEM ANYWAY!
I actually live about 15 minutes from SR too!
Now he has a radius to work with.

noiseangel

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE!

audiophile that doesn’t believe in synergistic research products!
He will find you, you know that don't you?

Krellfan70

Krellfan70

I’m guessing that Ted will enforce that new law that states “nobody may imply and or maintain any negative opinion on SR products.”

Krellfan70

I want to test the SR fuses against 100% pure OFC Nuklear treated negatively charged space frequency tested anti-gravity producing tin foil sourced directly from the inner core of the sun. Should be a close call!

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor

PipHelix

And that's how he does it. Everything he says is subjective and we have no Subjectivity Meter.

I can hear the difference, PROVE ME WRONG. That's how he does it.

For the record I can't hear the difference.

For what it’s worth, you’ve summed up the viewpoints of most of the members over at Audiogon where Mr. Denney sometimes hangs out. Dig this thread about cables where he talks about the burn in, break in and conditioning. I really think some people just want to believe this stuff

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussi...x-power-cord-opinions-on-sound-quality?page=2

“It always takes at least 200 hours for a cable to settle into a system. In the past, with our old conditioning process, the break in process was like a roller coaster, and the cables would sound much worse in the beginning. Relatively speaking they sound better now younger or sooner in the system. The five day burn in does not eliminate break in. There is absolutely no such thing as a cable that is broken in once and for all. A cable must settle into the system it will live in so to speak. The conditioning process is like aging wine, the break in process is like allowing a newly opened bottle of wine to breathe.

Ted Denney
Lead designer, Synergistic Research Inc.”

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I remember as a child about 80% of the kids in my school either struggled to understand things scientific or just didn't like it.
That meant that, at best, 20% of us had a grounding which may let us understand this sort of thing from first principles.
That 80% is his market, and it is a lot of people.

BluesDaddy

For what it’s worth, you’ve summed up the viewpoints of most of the members over at Audiogon where Mr. Denney sometimes hangs out. Dig this thread about cables where he talks about the burn in, break in and conditioning. I really think some people just want to believe this stuff

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussi...x-power-cord-opinions-on-sound-quality?page=2

“It always takes at least 200 hours for a cable to settle into a system. In the past, with our old conditioning process, the break in process was like a roller coaster, and the cables would sound much worse in the beginning. Relatively speaking they sound better now younger or sooner in the system. The five day burn in does not eliminate break in. There is absolutely no such thing as a cable that is broken in once and for all. A cable must settle into the system it will live in so to speak. The conditioning process is like aging wine, the break in process is like allowing a newly opened bottle of wine to breathe.

Ted Denney
All this hooey is designed to put off recent purchasers who get stuff home, installed in their system, and think "WTF" It doesn't sound like it did in the store." You put the onus on the purchaser - "It's YOUR fault you don't hear it". It's identical to the practice of abusers everywhere.

sq225917

Major Contributor
For balance. A couple of his AC filters do actually filter out HF noise on the mains.

But his cable don't do dick.

And his fuses are sold in the UK without valid certification. Perhaps this should be mentioned to trading standards... mmm.

puppet

Ted Denney
Thanks for the chuckle :)
Time to take my system out for a stroll in da sun.

This reminded me of a story the old man told me years ago.
He was working on a subdivision and one of the home owners wanted the crew to finish their basement. The foreman sent over my dad and another guy to get started. They were met with a flooded basement ... this was the day the new owners were moving in. The lady of the house was horrified and called the developer. They sent out the salesman to meet with her. He got there and walked halfway down the stairs, turned back and looked the woman straight in the eye and said .... "Mam ... we water test every home."

Last edited:

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All this hooey is designed to put off recent purchasers who get stuff home, installed in their system, and think "WTF" It doesn't sound like it did in the store." You put the onus on the purchaser - "It's YOUR fault you don't hear it". It's identical to the practice of abusers everywhere.

There's a fella posting about some high end amps he bought on WBF. Keeps chronicling the break in process, 200 hours in, 500, etc. Last time I looked he was reporting in at 2,000 hours "break in time" and still reporting noticing unfathomed depths of improvement. Also reported how the footers placed under his components are breaking in (from awful sound to excellent within 1/2 hour).

There will always be a market for that mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom