• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What electronic audio products you want tested most

What electronics audio product you like to see tested more

• Power and Integrated Amplifiers

Votes: 633 55.2%
  • Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 181 15.8%
  • Home Theater AVRs

Votes: 307 26.8%
  • Home Theater Processors

Votes: 199 17.3%
  • DACs

Votes: 349 30.4%
  • Streamers

Votes: 262 22.8%
  • Combo DAC and Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 236 20.6%
  • Phono preamp

Votes: 106 9.2%
  • DSP (digital signal processors)

Votes: 379 33.0%
  • Vintage audio products

Votes: 269 23.5%

• Total voters

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yulong new AKM dac is intriguing also by it's price

1619734093192.png

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
D

Deleted member 24907

I vote for vintage High end stuff which now is affordable.

brbsnacks

More amps, dacs, vintage gear. No more headphones. The headphone reviews are currently the joke of the audiophile world. Everything else is great.

BigJim79

I would like to see more DAPs, especially something expensive from A&K. I have an AK JR I could send, but it's a bit old now. I think a DAP multi test, with perhaps a selection from some of the popular brands would be great.

silentt29

Some vintage McIntosh anything (especially classics like the MC30 amp, MC2105 stereo amp, C22 preamp, etc), and more integrated amps would be great.

MrOtto

I would like to see more preamps tested, and headphone amps tested as preamps for power amplifiers. Also DACs used as preamps if function available.

oryan_dunn

I know that due to size/weight they're harder to get ahold of, but I'd like to see a few reviews of ~$500 AVR, maybe one from the 00's and one from the 10's, and a modern one. I'd like to know if they're as bad as all the audio snobs would have you believe. How good is the headphone amp in these units? How good are the SPDIF DACs? Not so much from the home theater/video aspect, but just as use as the center of an audio system.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd like to see a few Raspberry DAC 'HAT's be tested. There are quite a few out there now, including multiple from the same given maker in some cases.

oryan_dunn

@amirm reviewed the u-turn Pluto, I'd like to see a review of the updated Pluto 2 to see if their updates addressed the weaknesses he found in the first one. It's always nice to see when companies step it up. I'm in the market for a good decent priced phono pre with low capacitance, and I'd like to see how the new Pluto compares.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Several have already been tested. Which ones did you have in mind?
You are correct, of course. What I was was missing was 'Device Type's to search under -- 'DAC (dedicated)' or 'DAC (multifunction)' catch all or most, also a lot of other DAC beside the RPi's.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
I really like to see the performance of AVRs and feel the measurements and comments here do seem to have some effect on manufacturers. Then I voted processors, to see if the separates really outperform AVRs. Then I noted amplifiers, though what I would REALLY like to see would be some kind of non-resistive testing as well, partly capacitive/inductive loads, something like the old Power Cube used to do. Yeah I know making those loads is crazy, especially if you pick like 70 Hz or something. (70 Hz shares no harmonics to 60 for a while)

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Dsp and multichannel audio processors slash avrs

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Car batteries, coffee makers.

Top Bottom