• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emotiva launched new generation of BasX amplifiers

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You still want to troll here. Just answer the question. What amps are you using? By the way, I am using the JC5 amp. No one calls it cheesy except for you.

One of their better amps but still not all that special....I have several makes/models but it doesn't matter. You're just apparently an ampliphile but without a clue as to why.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You still want to troll here. Just answer the question. What amps are you using? By the way, I am using the JC5 amp. No one calls it cheesy except for you.

Better than yours, how about that? John Curl is somewhat a loon. Respond to that.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
There is no purpose in arguing with a dolt. You won’t answer anyone’s question about what amps you use. Thankfully the “Ignore” function works perfectly for types like you.
Personal insults will not be tolerated. You and others have been warned. My patience in this regard is running out.

Kegemusha

I don't know anyone who has had an Emotiva amp without issues, that includes the product itself and getting .

I own the BasX-A-100 for my desk, bought it as 2nd hand, to be used as a desktop amp, and no an issue, as my mine amp I dont like it, but as desktop amp is great to me.

SnausPockets

Moving on,

The A3 has been great! Really enjoying it. I am strongly considering adding 2 x A4 to run the surrounds and atmos and putting the 4700 into pre-amp mode. It is actually affordable...why not?

I do have a question though....Needing 8 channels of amplification, it seems like it would make more sense to get an A5 and another A3 rather than 2 x A4 because to me a 3 ch and a 5ch amp would be more flexible in future than 2 x 4ch amps...sell easier etc etc.

But being an odd number, that would mean one of the surrounds is being run by the A5 and the other side is being run by the A3. Different wattage ratings on them..... Is that something to be concerned with? Or will Audyssey figure that all out and equalize them?

Maybe 2 x A4 is just cleaner and will be better for my OCD.

I am glad you found it amusing. In the end it all worked out to my advantage. I found an amplifier that was better than I previously had and I was happy with. When I took the Emotiva amp to the recycling center I was sure someone would probably take it for themself. So there was no loss there. Did I lose a few bucks, sure. Ultimately, it was sitting around collecting dust and my wife wanted it out of the way.
Pretty harsh. I collect dust, too, and I hope my wife never feels the same way towards me.

Enchy

Moving on,

The A3 has been great! Really enjoying it. I am strongly considering adding 2 x A4 to run the surrounds and atmos and putting the 4700 into pre-amp mode. It is actually affordable...why not?

I do have a question though....Needing 8 channels of amplification, it seems like it would make more sense to get an A5 and another A3 rather than 2 x A4 because to me a 3 ch and a 5ch amp would be more flexible in future than 2 x 4ch amps...sell easier etc etc.

But being an odd number, that would mean one of the surrounds is being run by the A5 and the other side is being run by the A3. Different wattage ratings on them..... Is that something to be concerned with? Or will Audyssey figure that all out and equalize them?

Maybe 2 x A4 is just cleaner and will be better for my OCD.
I'm thinking about doing this as well. When the A-3 goes back in stock gonna snag one, then I'll piecemeal grab A-4s and go full "separates" with my x3700h. Hoping amir tests one of these new Bas-x soon though interested to see numbers.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Ordered this morning a BasX A2 to drive a pair of Revel M106s and will be ordering an A3 (as soon is back in stock) to drive the Revel C205 and the pair of Revel M105s (surround). I'm leaving the Denon X6500H drive the the 4 x Revel M55XCs for ATMOS. I hope these new BasX amps last the same as my 11 years old and still functioning like day one, Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 and pair of 9 years old XPA-200s Gen 2.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Installed yesterday the A4 in my living room amps rack to drive my 4 x Revel M55XC ATMOS speakers and it works great. Ordered another one for my bedroom to drive the same 4 x Revel M55XC ATMOS speakers. Waiting for the A3 to be back in stock and after that I will be running my two receivers as pre amps. These are very good amps and they run very cool. Hope Amir can test them to see if these show some improvement compared to the A-500 reviewed last year.

IMG_6793.jpg

Lawyrup843

You know one can always point to an issue they had with a product and believe that it’s the entire product line that is afflicted. I own both Emotiva and Outlaw amps and have had issues with neither. And after using them in many different situations I can honestly say that I can hear no differences whatsoever ever. All I know is I can turn it up super loud and you can hear it outside in the front yard. Do I need that? Of course not but that’s what makes America great.…..Capitalism allows us to spend money on things that don’t really matter but it’s fun. IMO

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Curious, how are you mounting those for Atmos?

Here you go:

Bedroom system:

IMG_6580.jpeg

IMG_6583.jpeg

Living room system:

IMG_6874.jpeg

IMG_6873.jpeg

I also ended getting a BasX A4 to drive the 4 x Revel M55XC ATMOS speakers so basically I'm using the Denon X6500H as pre amp.

IMG_6992.jpeg

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very nice. I see you went horizontal - I kept mine vertical to preserve the radiation pattern across my 3 seats. May not be an issue without guests, but I wanted to avoid turning the vertical directivity into the horizontal.

Top Bottom