• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XLR Interconnects

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm skeptical. I want to buy into their claims but not sure.

Also, they are affiliated with World's Best Cables.
Thank you.

Confirming I am going to make my own Mogami 2549 / Neutrik cables. Even those raw parts were a healthy sum of 57 USD (converted), yikes.

3 metres of 2549; 4 male and 4 female Neutrik XLR's.
Concorde1, it seems many cable companies today have some sort of outrages claims. As long as the price is low, I wouldn't worry about that.
As I stated before, Audioblast makes very good cables of all sorts and backs them a 100%.
I would not worry about starquad affecting any high frequencies for such a short length. There is a video on youtube where this was tested if you care to look for it. Short runs had no negative effects.

You could have bought cable for cheaper than you are going to make them, plus had a lifetime warranty. 2 examples.
Amazon.com: Audioblast - 4 Units - 2 Foot - HQ-4 - Star Quad Balanced Male to Female Microphone Cables with Eminence E311 & E312 Gold XLR Connectors – UV Protected & Road Ready: Industrial & Scientific
Amazon.com: Audioblast - 4 Units - 1 Foot - HQ-4 - Star Quad Balanced Male to Female Microphone Cables with Amphenol AX3M & AX3F Silver XLR Connectors – UV Protected & Road Ready: Industrial & Scientific

DHT 845

One of the most interesting, inexpensive XLR cables I would like to try is Monster Studio Pro 2000. It is built like 20x more expensive audiophile cords. Has anyboby tried these?

DHT 845

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use own-made cables, with Neutrik connectors (with color ring and nut, for easy identification).
I typically use Klotz mic cable, since it's easy to find by the meter and good enough for my use (2€/m or so).
I have made tens of 5m and 60cm cables.
I build them in batch from 100m roll.
Then a few 10m and 15m as well.

DHT 845

Learn to DIY them. With XLR connectors this is not difficult.
I diy rca cables and power cords, now I'm a bit too lazy :) Some XLR cables can be configured even 1 feet or 25cm, like belden, van damme, cordial etc...

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

3125b

Major Contributor
Honestly, the cables are not very critical when it comes to audible effects. Maybe if you measure down to -120dBFS or something, but here is my RME in loopback with these 6€ 2m long cables: https://www.thomann.de/de/pro_snake_tpm_20_cc_micro_cable_heavebl.htm
rne 2.5.jpg

That's at less than the full 4V line level but still, 111.5dB SINAD is beyond audible, and even then you can't really see any interference in a reasonably noisy environment (PC, multiple screens etc.).

Last edited:

arn

I have tried out mogami gold, canare l4e6s xlrs, but i always go back to the cordial cmk222 (same neutrik on every cables). Be honest small differences, and it depends on your system which fits the best. The canare/mogami is very overpriced in the eu (3-5x more expensive).

Very similar experience with the speaker cables, i liked the most the cordial, the canare 4s11 is veryvery similar, the mogami w3103 sounded bolder, more boring. But again it depends on your amp, system, and small differences.

I tried them in adi2 + a800/ahb2/c298 variations.

Top Bottom