• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best SciFi movies

isolar8001

lashto

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One director I could recommend, from the 70s and onward (I think he last movie could be from 2013 or so), his movies are drama-fantasy and all you can imagine, one of the most original directors I have seen:

Alejandro Jodorowsky

El Topo is one good exempel of his kind of movies.

He was suppose to direct Dune I think but something happens and then they call D Lynch.
Starring Jagger, Dali and Welles with music by Floyd and Giger designs - that could have been quite something. And the director's idea to make a 10-14h movie sounds about right to me.

The "greatest movie never made" documentary is pretty good: http://www.jodorowskysdune.com/

MikeStark

I'm not a big fan of science fiction, but sometimes I still want to watch for a change. And for me, these are the films that are worth watching:

Guardians of the Galaxy
District 9
Inception
Under the Skin

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I second District 9.

I saw this movie a short time ago in the mediathek of the german public TV: Exit
I was very impressed by the story and the making. Sorry, german language only.

Sometimes you find movies in french as well, from Arte.FR. No english though. It's possible the data is protected against access from outside the EU or Germany.

Mailen

Some good movies and TV series imo:
- Cloud Atlas
- The Fifth Element
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Valerian (The movie itself is kinda meh but the visuals and the created universe are very nice)
- (...)

Adam Bernau

Forum Donor
Great to see a few movies that i have missed. This was surprisingly good, and fun, in my book much better than the late Star Wars movies:
And this one is my favourite russian low-budget, it is unbelievable that they have made something so good and original in 1986.
You can watch the full movie here, with subtitles:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Dunno if it’s been mentioned but Under The Skin is an excellent dark & disturbing sci-fi film to watch, the soundtrack throughout by Mica Levi is just as unsettling.

Brilliant film that can take repeated viewings.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Battleship!

Absolute ball-tearing entertainment.

• Awesome sound. Actually seriously good sound.
  • Brooklyn Decker
  • USS Missouri going to sea and firing on an Alien space ship.
  • Heaps of explosions
  • Brooklyn Decker
  • Liam Neeson
  • Rhihanna can actually act a bit
  • Brooklyn Decker
brooklyn (Medium).jpg

Top Bottom