• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Summer System

RoyB

Forum Donor
My "Summer System"......We have a small, three season, sunroom. We spend most every night out there during spring , summer and fall. I wanted music out there, but I didn't want to simply install extension speakers off the main system. So decided on a VERY inexpensive "Summer System".......12 X 12 X 10 cathedral ceiling. Three walls of glass! I chose the Topping MX3 amplifier with USB, Bluetooth and AUX input ($140). The only source we currently listen to is Qobuz and Amazon HD, so an Andover Songbird did this duty ($129).....Speakers are JAMO S803 ($149)......Finally got it all hooked up today. I wish you could hear it. It is simply amazing for the meager investment. The bass from these little speakers is tight, and deep enough to satisfy the most ardent jazz and rock fan. The topping has bass and treble controls, in this glass cube a bit or treble attenuation was needed. Totally listenable! I'm amazed at how far inexpensive stereo equipment has come.

P10401392-vi.jpg

P1040133-vi.jpg

P1040137-vi.jpg

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice room.

CSG

So you sit on the couch with the speakers on either side of your head facing forward or do you sit opposite the speakers so they are facing you?

OP
R

RoyB

Forum Donor
Opposite the speakers are our two stuffed chairs we sit in to read and now listen to music. There are staggered blinds covering this glass wall behind us that do a fantastic job of breaking up the standing waves. System sounds much better when one wall is totally open to the outdoors and therefore no reflections. Hard to believe how good this little system sounds in this small room.

Reactions: CSG

CSG

Opposite the speakers are our two stuffed chairs we sit in to read and now listen to music. There are staggered blinds covering this glass wall behind us that do a fantastic job of breaking up the standing waves. System sounds much better when one wall is totally open to the outdoors and therefore no reflections. Hard to believe how good this little system sounds in this small room.
Good to read. We have a 4 Seasons sunroom at our house in town but have not set up a music system in it. Turns out, we use it far less than we thought we would. Looks very nice off the living room though and is useful when entertaining.

Top Bottom