• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stereo.net.au moderator has a dig at Amir

noiseangel

It always amuses me when people without credentials have a go at people with them.

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/to...or-diy-quackery/?tab=comments#comment-4736563

This is a great example from one of the least respected hifi websites currently doing the rounds. Forum members way in on Amirs measurements. Clowns with no qualifications questioning Amirs credentials.

The quote below is from one of stereo.net.au moderators bettyboop (Betty Poop) who is known for his bias towards Elektra amplifiers over those of paying sponsors. The owner of steroenet lets this happen. Now he targets Amir, this guy has zero qualifications to comment on anything.

does amir even have any formal qualifications in speakers/acoustics ? or what speaking about ?. best i know is he has an electrical engineering and computer science degree from 1980s ! and worked in video and software in some top rolls but all this here is hardly his field of technical expertise I would think ?....

am tending to put all this including the modder above in same category of another man and his opinion... dont have to look hard on the web for those

Stereo.net.au reviews consist of manufacture blurbs, no measurements as they posses no equipment to do measurements and always find a favourable word to say about the paying sponsors products. Even one of the reviewers, Peter Familiari, his son Nicholas works for Carlton Audio Visual, who are a sponsor of stereo.net.au and any of their products always receive rave reviews. All this from a website (brand) who wouldn't know where the on switch is for a signal generator. If you don't pay them any sponsorship money your post gets deleted. If you do pay money and your product stuffs up (Insert Holton Audio here) your post gets closed off or deleted leaving you no recourse for action. A website full of bias if there ever was one.

And they have the Gaul to have a go at some one with technical qualifications.

As someone pointed out me on another post where I slammed stereo.net.au, they are a joke looking for a punchline. I feel vindicated now.

Last edited:
OP
N

noiseangel

@amirm keeps on trucking , at this point all talk pushes the profile of whats being done here .. so thanks stereo net down under for the mention .
I bet you Rushton deletes it.

lemnoc

Not bettyshite again !!

Honestly this dude is the resident court jester of stereonet and shill for elektra audio which btw, according to another poster on this forum rips designs off diyaudio and sells them as his own. Can you believe that !!

cheers

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@amirm keeps on trucking , at this point all talk pushes the profile of whats being done here .. so thanks stereo net down under for the mention .

It reminds me of another thread some time ago, following a heated topic where you had quoted a sentence that I had liked which is that will remain in my opinion always current ... unfortunately;)

""

Some advice, please consider you all represent a minority in audio , it's naturally a hard sell and it's important we all do our bit to further real performance and reliability in audio. We have to work together as we are up against a much larger force .""

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...n-hypex-nc2k-amplifier-teardown.16920/page-28

wwenze

Major Contributor
does amir even have any formal qualifications in speakers/acoustics ? or what speaking about ?. best i know is he has an electrical engineering and computer science degree from 1980s ! and worked in video and software in some top rolls but all this here is hardly his field of technical expertise I would think ?....

This is where the victory is so overbearingly obvious... we can just laugh while refraining from responding.

But you will notice Amir doesn't like to swing his credentials around. Because that's not what a person with good argument does. The statement "The Earth is round" has no difference in truthfulness when said by a kid vs said by Einstein.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Maybe Al doesn't realise the extent of Amir's involvement with WMA Pro codec? I find it best to have a reasonable understanding of someone's professional and commercial background before making such comments IMHO, YMMV.

JSmith

lemnoc

Maybe Al doesn't realise the extent of Amir's involvement with WMA Pro codec? I find it best to have a reasonable understanding of someone's professional and commercial background before making such comments IMHO, YMMV.

JSmith

The more pertinent question is what is bettyshite's qualifications on this subject ?

Easternlethal

Forum Donor
I think what they're trying to say is that amir hasn't researched acoustics at an academic level like toole, olive, jones etc have.

But understanding electronics is fundamental to understanding room acoustics when it comes to evaluating hifi imo and will get you there a lot faster - than trying to understand acoustics w/o any knowledge of electronics.

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There is of course lots of good stuff on ASR but this thread is one thing I don't like about this site - some member's smugness.

I thought most of us are on this site to learn (at least I am, to learn and in a small way share what I've learned) therefore this comment - 'The statement "The Earth is round" has no difference in truthfulness when said by a kid vs said by Einstein.' only has meaning if you know the truth. If you don't know something, who would you believe then?

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
If you don't know something, who would you believe then?
Yup. It takes a lot of discipline to reel yourself in and realize the other person doesn't share the same reasoning or basis for their opinion. Some part of that background knowledge necessary for good judgment is missing.
Just the facts ma'am, just the facts... ;)
Even facts don't appear as facts when you have no way to place them into a larger context.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
This guy is a nobody, so who cares?

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I respect Amir for all he does which benefits frankly everybody whether they appreciate it or not.

Amir isn't totally above criticism of course -- who is? For example the criticism that he tests first and listen second (to speaker) thus exposing himself to the accusation of bias in his subjective comments. That's fair, but in his defence, Amir will admit when a speaker sounds better than his measurements would suggest of vice versa.

I often feel that I stand astride the objectivist and subjectivist camps (like a colossus :cool: ) but unlike many subjectivists, I believe measurements are very useful.

Top Bottom