• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just moved and finally can have a headphone listening room. Pics of my insanity inside.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Lol! They reminded me of Pac-Man, which is why I picked them up. Surprisingly great shape, almost new, even have the plastic carry case (also yellow). They are uncomfortable as all hell... It's a Soundlite HR-6 AM radio headset, but I've removed the guts and replaced it with a small 1w bluetooth Rx/amp combo, wired it up to existing switches and knobs, replaced tuner with a pot, and swapped nasty paper drivers for Koss RTXpro drivers (I suppose same as the Portapro's, just titanium coated) , just for fun. They sound.... well, horrendous. LOL

Even nuttier is my Panasonic RF-60 AM/FM headset, you look like marvin the martian when wearing it. Weighs like 5 pounds, almost solid metal, aerials that reach 4 foot high, it's nuts. If I ever come across a mint condition one, I'm snapping it up. They're really, really hard to come by.
Awesome stuff with the mods :D

DSJR

Major Contributor
Not sure if you had these over the pond, but we had Sennheiser demonstration bars here. Connect it to a suitable amp and source and you can have several sets working for instant comparison. No idea at all if something like this would interest you, but it's the first thing I thought of :) Lovely collection and hope these give many hours of pleasure as my turntable stash does (I have to pull them in and out of storage to use them but still...).

OP
Gadget Goober

Gadget Goober

Forum Donor
The 11th hour on the 12th of never, lost in space.
Not sure if you had these over the pond, but we had Sennheiser demonstration bars here. Connect it to a suitable amp and source and you can have several sets working for instant comparison. No idea at all if something like this would interest you, but it's the first thing I thought of :) Lovely collection and hope these give many hours of pleasure as my turntable stash does (I have to pull them in and out of storage to use them but still...).

That's awesome, I gotta look into that! Currently, I have several amps, a couple Schiiits (Magnius and Magni), a Loxjie P20, and I have a Behringer MiniAMP and MiniFBQ hooked together for the listening room. The MiniAmp has 4 outputs, which is nice. I'll take a peek and see what the Sennheiser demo bars are, and maybe go that route! The Behringers aren't really too high quality LOL... well, not anymore... they used to be - kinda like AKG and many other brands that have gone lower quality lately. It's disappointing.

fluufy

Thankyou. I thought I was getting carried away with 4 sets, but you have given me the confidence to continue :)

Top Bottom