• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$100 Roon Bridge Endpoint: Raspbery Pi & HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
There is a force volume option in Roopie's 'Roon' tab. maybe worth checking in case you accidentally turned it on.

Just checked...it's off.

So it must be a setting within Roon itself, unless it's just not possible to do.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just checked...it's off.

So it must be a setting within Roon itself, unless it's just not possible to do.

DSP Volume works fine for me.

Do you have your device properly identified? I have Digi+ pro but Digi+ was all there is.

1609878772505.png

quattr0

The Hifiberry Digi+ pro has an independent clock and Galvanic isolation. So it’s the bare minimum of a decent transport HAT.

Anything above that and you’re bordering snake oil territory.

Unless you’re doing DSP or active crossover downstream of the Pi. I wouldn’t do transport HATs at all. (Unless you have other inputs like a TV for example).

Agreed...I turn on Graphics EQ which uses alsaequal in Moode and it delivers very good result!

quattr0

As a person who has had a bunch of these hats, I can attest to a couple things:
2. Even better is just getting a Raspberry Pi 4 and installing Ropieee and hooking that up to a USB DAC. This is the direction I'm going with the latest two endpoints I have in the house.

This is one of my current 2 setups...RPi4 with Roopiee USB out to RME ADI-2 Pro DAC. Result is outstanding!

Here's a kicker tho...I have RPi3 with Digi+ Pro HAT. I put Moode on, with Graphics EQ, it is close to my setup 1 above....When I say close..the only missing link is Roon has its own EQ and I find it's not as good as Moode's EQ (Moode also has Parametric EQ but I like the Graphic EQ better). So if I could configure Roon's Parametric to match w Moode's Graphic EQ, the RPi3 with Digi+ PRO will be the winner in my book!

Top Bottom