• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just checked the dimensions for the A5 Pro and yes they match the A07. But one has to ask themselves what is more important; how the stack looks or how the system sounds. While I can vouch for the A07 and Topping D30 performance ( I own both) I can't comment on any of the Aiyima DAC's and Amir hasn't had the opportunity to test one yet (I actually asked him earlier this week).
So, will it going to be reviewed?

TwistedMetalGear

Anyone know how to remove the front plate on these? I unscrewed the four allen bolts and I thought I could just pull the front plate off but it seems the volume knob is attached to the circuit board and I don't want to force anything.

Synergy4

Anyone know how to remove the front plate on these? I unscrewed the four allen bolts and I thought I could just pull the front plate off but it seems the volume knob is attached to the circuit board and I don't want to force anything.

On the Aiyima 04, the volume knob is a friction press fit. The other Aiyima devices are probably similar. So gently and firmly try pulling the knob off. Also may need to loosen the upper rear screws to relieve tension to remove the top cover.

TwistedMetalGear

On the Aiyima 04, the volume knob is a friction press fit. The other Aiyima devices are probably similar. So gently and firmly try pulling the knob off. Also may need to loosen the upper rear screws to relieve tension to remove the top cover.

I was hoping I could remove it without breaking the warranty seal (or whatever that sticker is that's holding the top and bottom cover together). I may end up needing to return it to Amazon for various reasons, but I'm not sure if they'll accept it if that seal is broken.

TwistedMetalGear

Thanks, you're right, it does just pull straight off. No need to remove the top and bottom covers.

Toku

Major Contributor
AIYIMA A04 / TPA3255 version usage report

Recently, AIYIMA released a model in which the Amp chip of A04 was changed from TPA3251 to TPA3255. I already have two A04 and two A07, but I couldn't stand it and bought it immediately.
This model is also sold as the TILEAR XZD-1752 Pro.

I immediately tested the operation, but like the A07/A04, there was no pop noise when turning the power on and off, and the white noise was so quiet that I couldn't confirm it unless I attached my ear to the speaker unit.
The sound quality is as good as or better than A07/A04. The OP amp remains the original NE5532P. I use the power supply voltage at 36V, but the case doesn't get hot at all.
This amp has become one of my favorites alongside Shui yuan Audio's TPA3255 AMP board.

maty

Major Contributor
TILEAR XZD-1752 Pro

DC32V TPA3255 280w +280w HIFI high power 2.0 channel digital audio power amplifier
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001575870381.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.797e3539bAL4m6

Resized, optimized...

TILEAR XZD-1752 Pro - inside.jpg

1. Using TI's ultra-high-definition digital power amplifier ic (TPA3255), the output power is up to 280w*2

2. Audiophile grade material two 1000uf filter large ponds of up to 2000uf, which can meet the bursting feeling; use TI recommended red ring inductor, good high frequency characteristics, with the LC filter network composed of Siemens fever capacitor, Nikon gold Audio capacitors, TK Audio series coupling capacitors, everything is for HiFi, in order to satisfy your picky ears.

3. Adopt NE5532, which is known as the king of op amps. The op amps have sockets, which is convenient to upgrade to better op amps, such as dual op amps such as OPA2604.

4. MCU intelligent monitoring, perfect protection circuit: over-temperature protection √, over-current protection √, start-up shock sound protection √, shutdown shock sound protection √

pma

Major Contributor
Using TI's ultra-high-definition digital power amplifier ic (TPA3255), the output power is up to 280w*2

That's a complete nonsense, simply a marketing claim only. Go on and show the measurements of power/distortion to confirm the posted data.

maty

Major Contributor
You are right about the nonsense. I should have said it and not just copied what was advertised. We already know that they lie a lot about the power specifications in these Chinese class D gadgets.

Ralferator

AIYIMA A04 / TPA3255 version usage report

Recently, AIYIMA released a model in which the Amp chip of A04 was changed from TPA3251 to TPA3255. I already have two A04 and two A07, but I couldn't stand it and bought it immediately.
This model is also sold as the TILEAR XZD-1752 Pro.

I immediately tested the operation, but like the A07/A04, there was no pop noise when turning the power on and off, and the white noise was so quiet that I couldn't confirm it unless I attached my ear to the speaker unit.
The sound quality is as good as or better than A07/A04. The OP amp remains the original NE5532P. I use the power supply voltage at 36V, but the case doesn't get hot at all.
This amp has become one of my favorites alongside Shui yuan Audio's TPA3255 AMP board.

So you say it gets less hot than the A07? It looks like the internals are pretty much the same as the A07, also the size of the heatsink . What if the connection between the chip and the heatsink is not as good, so that the heat doesn't get transported to the heatsink as well? Or is this not possible because the case would get just as hot?

Top Bottom