• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klippel's Near-Field Scanner: Discussion with Christian Bellmann of Klippel

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
As you all know, I now use the Klippel Near-Field Scanner (NFS) for my measurements. I planned to create a video discussing the NFS and how it is used before I begin publishing data captured with it. However, rather than me attempting to explain the science behind it, Christian Bellmann - one of the brilliant minds behind the NFS - joins me to provide insight in to the design and workings of the NFS.

Join us live Friday, March 5th at 9am Central for discussion and feel free to ask questions if you'd like (not sure if we will have time to get to them or not). Already happened.

Background: Christian was born in Freiberg, Germany, in 1987. He studied mechatronics in Dresden University of Technology with the focus on control engineering, power electronics and electrical drives. In 2013 he received a Diploma degree for his thesis “Separation of direct sound and room reflections using holographic methods” which was supervised by Dresden Technical University and the Klippel GmbH in Dresden. After his graduation, he joined the Klippel GmbH where he is currently engaged in the research and development of loudspeaker measurement systems with focus on acoustical holography.

Last edited:

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I'd be intrested in the Direct Sound Separation implented. seperating it in low frequencies seams impossible, so how they do it? is it actualy realiable in that range?

dasdoing

Major Contributor
have just seen part of it.
I wonder if the "two pictures of a moving car" method can be somehow be aplied in REW to our LP meassurements

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Erin, you are talking way too fast again. It is very hard for me to understand what you are saying. No text available either...

ctrl

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Erin, you are talking way too fast again. It is very hard for me to understand what you are saying. No text available either...

Well, I can't slow down how I talk. And you are - literally - the only person who has said that other than one fellow from Croatia. I assume it is a language barrier thing. What's funny is I thought Christian was talking fast at times. LOL.

As a tip, you can slow down the playback speed in YouTube by clicking the little gear button and changing it there.

Top Bottom