• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir, you're a star - no, not really, but you should hear this

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Unfortunately, even a "Thumbs Down" is computed as a "positive" for the channel in terms of YouTube's algorithms/analytics.

You're better off not clicking the Dislike/Thumbs Down button if you take issue with the content or message.

This is why some YouTube channel content creaters even state, "...and if you didn't like it, give me a Thumbs Down". It's even better for them if you leave a comment, whether it's negative or positive.

For the algorithm, almost any response is better than no response....unless you report them for some type of nefarious content, etc.

the algo doesn't realy care about the thumbs: https://www.shopify.com/blog/youtube-algorithm
you wanna "hurt" the channel? click the link and watch a second only or so

Last edited:

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think it indicates fear. Same kinda thing you see when arguments start between those who adhere to the rules of argumentative logic and fundamentalist religion types.

They see danger to their doctrine, and therefore a threat to the size of their flock?

Arguments are emotive and empirical, not considered and repeatable observations?

I drink therefore I am.

D4nte85

Well, obviously exact reproduction of a recording requires "transparent" audioequipement, i.e. low noise, low distortion, and "nice distortion" in case it does distort

BUT that doesn't mean you are going to like the sound this produces...

wich is the reason i NEVER buy Audioequipement without listening to it first for a week at least, just bought a pair of goldenear BRX, wich i love but i had them for a month before buying...
(https://www.stereophile.com/content/goldenear-brx-bookshelf-reference-x-loudspeaker-measurements)
btw i dont like KEF at all even if it measures "closely related" just dont like the look or "subjective sound"

I wouldnt try equipment that measueres obviously bad but thats because of my personal preferance and my taste in music your milage may wary ;P

snaimpally

Comments turned off, how chickenshit.

Comments are not turned off for their other videos. I flagged their video to Google as including "bullying/harassment" and noted they had turned off comments.

Last edited:

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I saw the video a couple of days ago. I don't know the people in there. But I thought the way Tom didn't even seem to want to be in the picture kind of disrespectful in general. He had this disgusted look the whole time.

Rob H seemed to intend well but I am not sure I wanted all of his defense. :) He calls me an engineer who doesn't know how to teach? I guess he doesn't know that for 10 years at Microsoft I managed (in addition to engineering) a very large marketing, PR and business development team. I also taught classes for years at University of California Santa Cruz (on Unix kernel internals).

Anyway, they have 2K subscribers. My channel is above 7,000 already. :)

Another set of wannabe no-namers trying to chase clout. They'll never learn. That 7k comment is a sick burn!!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
You know (true confessions time, here) -- I thought a lot less of @amirm and the folks here before I actually spent some time reading this site's (and its forum's) content.
I am, needless to say, not 100% in sync with all y'all, but I both enjoy and appreciate this site and forum -- especially the opportunity to see reviews of, data from, and the innards of components that nobody else is reviewing. The value of that is... well... incaculable.

Plus, one notes, without undue irony, that the forums here are, in the current era, much more active than most of the classic hifi forums. And, of those, the ones that are still fairly active have, in some cases, been over-run by some pretty ill-behaved hooligans. :(

JSmith

Master Contributor
the forums here are, in the current era, much more active than most of the classic hifi forums
A good thing too, as it means more people are getting into quality audio reproduction, which certainly flies in the face of comments elsewhere that suggest what ASR represents is negative in some way. If the companies that produce "broken" or sub-par products didn't do so, then maybe they wouldn't have lost some market share.

JSmith

radix

Major Contributor
I also taught classes for years at University of California Santa Cruz (on Unix kernel internals).

I didn't know you were at UCSC. I got my doctorate there (computer engineering). Banana slugs!

Top Bottom