• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

strat_80

As good as this power cord is, just imagine what it would sound like plugged into the PS Audio Direct Stream Nuclear Power Plant Quantum-Flux Regenerator line conditioner. Just thinking about it makes me want to have a cigarette, and I stopped smoking forty years ago!

I am laughing - great comments. Maybe some skin cream to get rid of the skin effects might be warranted:)

Robin L

Master Contributor
I prefer mine bitten by a radioactive spider. I noticed an immediate difference in my system.
"Everything had more "Grip", top to bottom."

EB1000

Check out this moron, trying to demo inaudible snake oil power cord differences over YouTube, and looks like his audience miraculously can hear the difference...

if such difference could be recorded, then why didn't the recording engineer used these power cords during recording to improve SQ? (I've asked this question in the video comments, but my question got deleted...

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's a good one:

"when connecting a PC directly to a DAC, as both server/core and streamer, then the higher powered PC will generally sound better than a lower powered one.

The exception to this is where a PC is used as the server/core and audio is streamed via ethernet to a DAC. In this case the higher powered PC will sound better as the server/core"

MJR

Check out this moron, trying to demo inaudible snake oil power cord differences over YouTube, and looks like his audience miraculously can hear the difference...

if such difference could be recorded, then why didn't the recording engineer used these power cords during recording to improve SQ? (I've asked this question in the video comments, but my question got deleted...

Out of curiosity I wanted to find out what those went for so went to the US distributor site, and before I even got there I found out I *need* to spend $160 for a nano-crystal outlet cover to "generate negative ions that eliminate static and convert thermal energy into far infrared" - should I organize a group buy? LOL o_O

https://eliteavdist.com/#/product-d...-high-end-performance-ncf-damper-outlet-cover

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
"...the higher powered PC..."

What do you suppose they meant by that? Higher powered processor? Higher powered PC power supply? Higher power to the PC?

Like if I plugged my PC into 220VAC it would improve the sound?

I'm going to go try that...

Enchy

My van has a 360V battery. I wonder if music will sound better streaming from my van’s stereo system

ta240

Major Contributor
It's actually worse than that. You need 'golden ears' to hear it. I wonder if 'golden instruments' would be able to measure it.

The problem is they aren't using audiophile leads and power cord on the test instruments so all the improvements are lost.

noiseangel

It's actually worse than that. You need 'golden ears' to hear it. I wonder if 'golden instruments' would be able to measure it.
No golden instruments just golden showers for the golden ears.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Snake Oil joke

Lambda

Major Contributor
Ethernet is for plebs and barley good enough to stream MP3s

Real audiophiles use InfiniBand

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I never undestood this playing demo stuff over youtube kind of tests at all, they are very popular.

Do crackpots thinks that even existing real smal difference's would survive any kind of YouTube compression algorithms ? Gross FR error's may be possible to demonstrate remotely this way ? but not much else ?

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Step right up and get your $599 bottle of nano snake oil.

1615710968973.png

High Fidelity Cables NPS-1260 Contact Enhancer

noiseangel

Top Bottom