• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

lizhuoyin

Forum Donor
Feed X16 with bitperfect playback from Android APP - Hiby Music (free) and a DAP - lotoo paw 6000. Tested music encoded in DSD/MQA/PCM. All played at native mode.
Couldn't be happier.
Native playback DSD/PCM works with Windows 10 from foobar 2000 except MQA.

Last edited:

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
@gustard, I just found out my x16 has channel imbalance of ~0.2db.

Here are the measurements. Top line is E30. No imbalance. Bottom 2 are x16. X16 right channel is lower by 0.2db.

Acceptable? Thanks!

e30_vs_x16_filter_2_2HR.PNG.png

gustard

Audio Company
@Pdxwayne

There is no amplitude difference in a single chip; there is a certain amplitude difference between two chips, and the allowable error range is 0.2dB.
More than 0.2db, we will replace one of the chips for matching

Last edited:

Inkey31

Forum Donor
It seems a lot of things are selling out everywhere.
They are not just sold out, they are not carrying them anymore period.

Seems odd, IDK, it is China at the end of the day, you never know could be some business reason behind it.

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They are not just sold out, they are not carrying them anymore period.

Seems odd, IDK, it is China at the end of the day, you never know could be some business reason behind it.
I wonder if I bought the last one. :p

They still carry the Matrix Mini-i 3 Pro. It would be my second choice (in case the X16 did not work out).

Inkey31

Forum Donor
I wonder if I bought the last one. :p

They still carry the Matrix Mini-i 3 Pro. It would be my second choice (in case the X16 did not work out).

I just got a H16 off of https://shenzhenaudio.com/ before you cant find them for a long time, hoping it will have more power then the A90. If not o well, ill sell it, trying to find the perfect AMP for the Susvara.

Hopefully Topping has something in the pipe coming out that can do 5W into 60Ohms.

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
Just a late update...received my gustard late, but as promised, and also received the promised $20 a month discount for waiting. So ended up paying $409 without taxes and such. Very pleased . A noticeable upgrade from my Pro-Ject pre box 2. But I wish the remote would have a forward and reverse for my Tidal. But I just use the mouse .

domiji

Hello Gustard Lovers :wink:

i received my U16 today and i want to use it with my Gustard X16 DAC. But sadly the I2S connection does not work properly. I can play files up to 88.2khz but 24/96 and above won't work. If i play it trough the coaxial connection - everything is fine.

Do i have to configure the U16 especially for my X16 I2S interface?

Thanks and many greetings :)

lizhuoyin

Forum Donor
@gustard do outputs selectable? Can I only have XLR or rca or both output? I cannot find it in manual. Thanks

Top Bottom