• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

escalibur

Just got my replacement L30 yesterday 2012 serial number. got the tracking number on February 5th package didn't start moving till the 19th, checked the rca outer ring and the backplate screw with a multimeter to make sure it has continuity which it does so far so good :)
Also runs allot cooler then my 2009 serial one this one barely feels warm when you touch it.
@SHENZHENAUDIO ? I got my tracking number on 3rd of February and my package still hasn't move a single step since then. Obviously Chinese New Year might be the reason, but would it freeze the shippment for this long?

miguelx74

How can I be sure that in the 2012 model (serial) they have not inserted the 10 ohm resistor as they did with the topping dx3 pro second version?

Veri

Master Contributor
How can I be sure that in the 2012 model (serial) they have not inserted the 10 ohm resistor as they did with the topping dx3 pro second version?
Pretty easy to verify :p haha. In any case, no they didn't (why would they, total different design than DX3 amp stage btw).

miguelx74

I do not know. I am simply asking. ok I'm very happy because I use the L30 topping with IEMs that have 17 ohm impedance

thank you for the reply :D

Hai

I got the replacement l30 but the knob is very wiggly and loose. I still have the old l30 and the knob on the old one feels way better- as in its stiffer and it doesnt move on itself. On the new l30 I got the knob will wiggle quite alot in the same spot- not sure why.

Veri

Master Contributor
I got the replacement l30 but the knob is very wiggly and loose. I still have the old l30 and the knob on the old one feels way better- as in its stiffer and it doesnt move on itself. On the new l30 I got the knob will wiggle quite alot in the same spot- not sure why.
Yeah mine also has some wiggle compared to my first unit. But sound is the same and that's kind of all that matters to me :D

escalibur

Soon we will have another replacement program. :p

Hai

Yeah mine also has some wiggle compared to my first unit. But sound is the same and that's kind of all that matters to me :D
Yeah the thing is audio does matter but when I have paid for something I'd like it the way I want, which isn't asking for much. Wiggle is annoying on mine lol

raif71

Major Contributor

CTRLM

I just activated my replacement unit through Shenzhen Audio and it was a fluid process.

I have a query, I use the L30 in my desktop headphone setup - Mac > Audirvana > Chord Qutest > L30 with 0dB gain > Hifiman Ananda. It all sounds great with the Qutest set on 3v output, which makes the L30 operate at a higher temperature than 2v but nothing abnormally hot (I guess). I assume that this is OK? Especially as the Topping published specs were based on 3v?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I just activated my replacement unit through Shenzhen Audio and it was a fluid process.

I have a query, I use the L30 in my desktop headphone setup - Mac > Audirvana > Chord Qutest > L30 with 0dB gain > Hifiman Ananda. It all sounds great with the Qutest set on 3v output, which makes the L30 operate at a higher temperature than 2v but nothing abnormally hot (I guess). I assume that this is OK? Especially as the Topping published specs were based on 3v?
3V input won't make L30 run hotter.

SHENZHENAUDIO

Dealer
@SHENZHENAUDIO ? I got my tracking number on 3rd of February and my package still hasn't move a single step since then. Obviously Chinese New Year might be the reason, but would it freeze the shippment for this long?
Using 4PX? Actually depends on the carrier and the season, it may freeze for a quite long period if there are heavy parcels that should be handled by the 4PX.

Veri

Master Contributor

I have a query, I use the L30 in my desktop headphone setup - Mac > Audirvana > Chord Qutest > L30 with 0dB gain > Hifiman Ananda. It all sounds great with the Qutest set on 3v output, which makes the L30 operate at a higher temperature than 2v but nothing abnormally hot (I guess). I assume that this is OK?
That's definitely OK. I've fed it up to 5.0V in 0dB gain.

NgtFlyer

Those of you waiting for movement on your tracking, there seems to be a delay when it arrives in your destination country. After about ten days, it suddenly was in my state and two days later, at my house. Be patient folks!

Top Bottom