• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sending Amir my Emotiva B1+ along with several headphones. Hope this is benefits the community, I'm excited to see how they measure for better or for worse.
Cool, which headphones are you sending in?

leonroy

Forum Donor
Would love to see Sonos, Homepod and Devialet Phantoms measured here. I used to have a tonne of KEF Reference and Bryston gear but swapped over to all in one speakers. Imagine a lot of new audiophiles are heading that way and it's hard to know which of the new gear is fluff or good stuff.

vlad335

Forum Donor
Gotta Third request the Adam A5X. i bought the t5V because of the review here and they are awesome with the recommended EQ APO setings. The A5X are better but do need some slight EQ. would love to see the review of these.

Not qute budget but... Just shipped an Adam A5x to Amir. Very interested in his review.

Last edited:

Bjpenn88

Forum Donor
Not qute budget but... Just shipped an Adam A5x to Amir. Very interested in his review.

Awesome! I was just jumping on here to request the same. I have recently bought Adam A5X and not sure whether I should return it or try to EQ it, I am not sure if I am just needing to get used to the sound signature, it sounds very detailed but a bit glaring / bright/in your face - sorry not great at describing sound

vlad335

Forum Donor
Awesome! I was just jumping on here to request the same. I have recently bought Adam A5X and not sure whether I should return it or try to EQ it, I am not sure if I am just needing to get used to the sound signature, it sounds very detailed but a bit glaring / bright/in your face - sorry not great at describing sound

Yeah, I agree. I started at the Equalizer APO setting for the T5V recommended here and went from there. Helped a lot but not optimal.

Bjpenn88

Forum Donor
Yeah, I agree. I started at the Equalizer APO setting for the T5V recommended here and went from there. Helped a lot but not optimal.
After EQ I found it sounded amazing, I also reduced some of the high frequencies down and adjusted the bass up a little and it sounded like a different speaker. However I have returned within the return window to see what the measurements say compared to Neumman KH80 or also thinking about iLoud MTM or something similar

carewser

As this is the 1365th post in this thread i'm sure Amir has a lifetime of suggestions so all I can add are powered/active speakers because I really think they're the future of audio since they combine the amplifier and speaker into one handy little unit. I own a number of them

Last edited:

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just want something that's as small as the iLoud MTM's but sounds even better and is cheaper, so whatever that is; please review that one. :p

dominikz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Eve Audio SC203/204?
Second the Eve Audio SC203 - really interested to see how they do, given the interesting format for desktop (3" mid-bass + passive radiator, digital input...)

Top Bottom